Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Wailin wrote: »
    Breaking Bad of course.

Father Ted's great but come on, best tv show ever?! Get a grip people! How it's even in the final is a travesty!

The exact same could be said about BB. But the people have spoken and these are the choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Have to say 'Breaking Bad'. Walter White's story was just gripping stuff all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Acosta

Another great thing about Father Ted is how rewatchable it is. I doubt I've watched any show more. You just need to be in the mood for it and it doesn't matter what episode is on, you'll watch it.

I have thought about rewatching BB on occasion but just can't bring myself to do it. Even with the movie coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

I love Father Ted a lot but if we're talking best TV show ever made then Breaking Bad is easily up there, incredible characters and acting and just keeps ramping up until the end. Voting Breaking Bad here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Breaking Bad for a well conceived story arc, couldn't bring myself to vote for a comedy series that never made me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I can’t actually pick, both are great for different reasons, so I’m not voting and will write The Shield instead :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

pc7 wrote: »
    I can’t actually pick, both are great for different reasons, so I’m not voting and will write The Shield instead :)

I think we can agree that they're all philistines and The Shield should have been in the quarters at least :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

1 hour remains to get your votes in - this is incredibly tight so far

AdeptFarBlackandtancoonhound-small.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm voting Doctor Who

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I kinda want to vote Father Ted because I like it, but I really want to vote BB to piss off the other fella if it wins.

Decisions decisions...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Sadly I have to go for breaking bad. Top quality and a worthy winner. Fr ted so many great moments and episodes but on a different planet to breaking bad.
    A school teacher starts dealing meth and starts having stand offs against scary feckers like Tuco and actually making it so good that when watching it you believe it’s real.

This should be third and fourth place though. Sopranos and wire is the real final.

fixxxer wrote: »
    I kinda want to vote Father Ted because I like it, but I really want to vote BB to piss off the other fella if it wins.

Decisions decisions...

I can guarantee you whoever wins the other side will be outraged, of this I have complete certainty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Father Ted.

Whilst I don’t think it is the best show ever I would rather watch it than BB.

The smaller characters, the writing, the quotes. Everything about it is genius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Breaking bad - up there as one of the top three TV shows ever made. I loved it from the first episode to the last. Great storyline, characters, cinematography, music and the actors to pull it all off. Brilliant TV

Science bitches

Gonna vote based on love. Be the change I want to see in the world.

Father Ted is a funny, clever satirical masterpiece that binds our little nation a bit closer together than we were before it was here.

30 minutes left till the polls close.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ted would be in the running for greatest comedy ever.

Breaking bad is an unreal story arc and exceptional tv show with brilliant production

Breaking bad for the win but it's an Irish forum so Ted is rightly in running

20 minutes left

Ten minutes left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fr. Ted - For 25 episodes of comendy gold.

GOAT

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

57,000 views on this thread holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

The tension is unbearable...

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=4804823

Voting Closed

Ladies and Gentlemen....

We have a winner.....

By a single vote.

The winner - of the BEST TV SHOW EVER (as decided by Boardsies)

Is....

DfZKNeCrSeSB.gif

FATHER TED!!!

The final score was 17 - 16, sKeith's vote proving the deciding factor.

Here he is now, Father Ted Crilly - accepting the award from myself.

Golden-Cleric.gif

Thank you all for playing, it was a most enjoyable few days I must say personally.

Commiserations to Breaking Bad, the LOSER of the final

tenor.gif?itemid=5874677

Bar a few stats from me, that's it folks. It's done... and I can finally sleep :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hmmm this steak is a bit dry. Needs sauce.

The tears of the breaking bad voters will do nicely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Congrats. I still know which is the better show, but so be it.

quickbeam wrote: »

Yep, Father Ted. Democracy has willed it so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Proof democracy doesn't work!

Dr Who wins. That's the the way it is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Brilliant game Necro, thanks for running it, as for the result..

tenor.gif?itemid=12911522

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

quickbeam wrote: »

e8e994726576ff6645e3073fbca66881.gif:pac:

Advertisement