Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Necro wrote:
    The time is nearly upon us as we kick off what is sure to be a divisive topic.

Necro wrote:
    64 first round matches. Pick one of the TV Shows and decide which you prefer. Give a reason. TV Shows where no reason are given won't be counted. All valid posts will be thanked. First to 7 votes goes through to the next round. Depending on volume of voters/contributors, this may increase exponentially by 1 vote each round. One vote per player per match. Anyone can vote, even if you hadn't submitted your entries. Battles will last as long as is necessary for a TV Show to gain 7 votes.

When does this begin???

• Registered Users Posts: 30,421 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Rikand wrote: »
    I would have had NCIS in there as the first 10 seasons were excellent but it all went massively downhill when Côte de Pablo left the show

I don't know if you still watch NCIS but she is returning to the show in the new series that's just started to air in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I don't know if you still watch NCIS but she is returning to the show in the new series that's just started to air in the US.

That could entice me back. I havent watched it since about 5 episodes in with the new blondy girl. I just didnt take to her at all and it ruined the whole show for me to the point I gave up on it entirely. That and everyone was starting to get a bit whiny. Abbi was becoming insufferable. It was like the whole direction of the show changed. It used to be case driven with a little bit of backstory and then after a while, the cases were the backstory and it was all character driven and none of the characters were really that interesting. The cases were getting wrapped up in about 10 minutes and we were learning about how Abbi's long lost mothers sisters brothers auntie needed a new crotch and Abbi knew a nun who was caring for this guy who was on deaths door who had a perfectly working crotch he didnt need anymore and it was like a match made in tv hell

Having said that, if anything could get me back though, Cote De Pablo would probably be it. A Michael Weatherly return would seal it especially now that Abbi is gone. I guess I'll give it a go :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A Michael Weatherly return would seal it especially now that Abbi is gone.

I can't see him returning to any show any time soon after the stories of his sexual harassment of a co-star and the huge settlement that one of the networks had to pay her earlier this year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok folks, are you ready?

tenor.gif?itemid=5011220

Because...

Round 1 starts tomorrow morning at 11am!!!

See y'all there.

I can't promise I'll be on all day, but I'll try to be on all day. Full attention until the conclusion of the tournament from Wednesday onwards though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    Round 1 starts tomorrow morning at 11am!!!

Brilliant, the wait was driving me crazy...

tumblr_nb2ondPPQo1s9mvnuo6_250.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Zaph wrote: »
    I can't see him returning to any show any time soon after the stories of his sexual harassment of a co-star and the huge settlement that one of the networks had to pay her earlier this year.

I did not know about any of that. I live a sheltered life

Jaffa Cakes!! Eh no wait Digestives!!

:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Jaffa Cakes!! Eh no wait Digestives!!

:D

If fcuking jaffa cakes win again I won't be held responsible for my actions!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Zaph wrote:
    If fcuking jaffa cakes win again I won't be held responsible for my actions!

*Removes Jaffa Cakes: The Documentary from list*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Necro wrote: »
    *inserts Jaffa Cakes: The Murder Mystery to list*

fixed it for ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

Yep ready and waiting! Obviously home and away like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I have 'serious' work this morning so hope you all vote the right way in round one. Come on Garda Patrol! :pac:

Zaph wrote: »
    A Michael Weatherly return would seal it especially now that Abbi is gone.

You never know, they're not axing Bull as a result and I think he said that he'd like to come back to NCIS as Ziva has returned.

Tony and Ziva have a daughter too.

Has Abi left?

Tony and Ziva have a daughter too.

Has Abi left?

Yeah Abbi left, that's why Ziva can return (I read a good few years ago that Abbi was the reason why she left).

They also seem to be slowly writing Ducky out of the show.

No!

All this talk of NCIS, I hope someone nominated it :P

2 hrs left folks. There's likely not a hope in hell we'll get through round 1 today, but sure we'll give it a lash anyways. :)

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2966590f1201f1f91f9941525a5bb79751ae26fe37&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Niska

Odds on the final being Mrs Brown's Boys vs Bosco?

• Advertisement

Right...

tenor.gif?itemid=4804823

Just getting the first match ready, let's get started, shall we?

When we're voting, relevant gifs count double, right? ;)

Let's start with something somewhat interesting shall we? Though it remains to be seen if it will be competitive.

The Office (US)

61%2BDFB3K05L._SY450_.jpg

VS

Fair City

MV5BY2I0NDU5NzQtM2I4ZS00Mzg1LThjZWMtNDIxNjhiYTI5MmFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkzODUwNzk@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

First to 7 votes advances, and reminder to give a reason. Let's start as we mean to go on folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jesus. The Office, obviously, because it’s actually entertaining and well acted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

The Office (US) The Jim - Dwight pranks are memorable even years after watching.

Ha ha, I have to vote Fair City in memory of my nanna, she loved it!

I fully expect it to lose though

I don’t watch either

The Office because I have never seen a single episode of fair city.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The office!

That fairly shítty is even nominated is a travesty :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Fair City? Pfft! The Office, obviously. It's genuinely funny.

Advertisement