Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Well I hate the wire and I don't know news. But I feel like I would like News. So I'm going to add it to my list of things to watch.

Vote against the Wire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭De Bhál

The Wire - because it's the best show ever

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

The Wire. Loved Omar and Stringer Bell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,955 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I feel bad for Nt9ON but the referee shouldn't have even let this fight start. The Wire by country miles, should make the last four easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

The wire. Great characters, gritty realism and strong storylines

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

The wire cause Omar coming yo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

'The Wire' - Although it's vastly overrated and subsequent series lost their umph in a very real way, the first series was one of the best bits of TV that has ever aired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

The wire. For bunk!!

Bravo to whoever nominated not the 9oclock news. My vote.

Gryff Rhys’s Jones, Mel Smith, Pamela Stephenson (is she still married to Billy Connolly?) Rowan Atkinson. All amazing comedians.

Oh, I hope kenny Everett was nominated too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

The Wire! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt, the best series I've ever watched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,955 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Clarabel wrote: »
    Well I hate the wire and I don't know news. But I feel like I would like News. So I'm going to add it to my list of things to watch.

Vote against the Wire

PowerfulShadyCygnet-size_restricted.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Clarabel wrote: »

Vote against the Wire

giphy.gif

I feel bad for Nt9ON but the referee shouldn't have even let this fight start. The Wire by country miles, should make the last four easy enough

Yeh, there's a problem with weight in these fights. 'The Wire' is a heavy weight that should be put up against something like 'Law and Order' or 'The Shield'. Whereas 'Not the 9 o'Clock News' is a feather weight more suited to having a scrap with 'Blackadder' or something.

In a match like this, there's only going to be one winner despite the two shows being great in the respective arenas.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Wire advances by fatality. Vote for 'Not The Wire' is not valid, lol. 7-0 the scoreline

Necro. You haven’t counted my vote. Reason was the comedians in it.

Necro. You haven't counted my vote. Reason was the comedians in it.

Because it was cast after The Wire reached 7 ;)

Boards playing up.

I think The Valeyard is mad because Dr Who is out so he’s smashing up boards hq as I type

:D

Tony EH wrote: »
    Yeh, there's a problem with weight in these fights. 'The Wire' is a heavy weight that should be put up against something like 'Law and Order' or 'The Shield'. Whereas 'Not the 9 o'Clock News' is a feather weight more suited to having a scrap with 'Blackadder' or something.

In a match like this, there's only going to be one winner despite the two shows being great in the respective arenas.

Ah in fairness that will happen, the contest is seeded. This is the round of 128 though.

Next up and I feel bad for one of these shows, ngl.

Better Call Saul

P5037.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3032476/

VS

The Crystal Maze

poster-780.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098774/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Better Call Saul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

The Crystal Maze for the Harmonica solos

Necro wrote: »
    Ah in fairness that will happen, the contest is seeded. This is the round of 128 though.

Yeh, no worries. I'm just bitter cos I have to chose only one.

I’ve still to watch better call Saul and I have a love/hate thing with crystal maze.

The majority of the contestants were ****ing idiots! Are they still idiots in the new version?

'Better Call Saul'

The best example of a spin off that has ever been created and I think it's better than 'Breaking Bad', with a much more charismatic star and that's saying something after Walt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Crystal maze
    Richard OBrien was cool (though the contestants were usually poor)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Better Call Saul - because of the Mike story-line basically. Also the photography of the desert

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Better Call Saul. Best TV show maybe... ever. Gilligans writing and directing is 10/10. Familiar characters, superb acting, great montages, music. I would even rate it higher than BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The crystal maze with richard o'brien.

Great fun and enjoyment for all the family.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Crystal Maze because Mumsy says so.

Advertisement