Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I appreciate the comedy behind Seinfeld but Sense8 gets my vote. I was gutted when it got cancelled. It really had so much potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Haven't seen sense8 either :(

I know I've nominated one that not a lot of people have seen so I refuse to vote when I haven't seen one, just so I can be righteous in my anger later :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Seinfeld.

Excellent comedy sitcom, for me George Costanza, Art Vandelay, one of the best comedy TV characters ever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

The premise of sense 8 was unreal. There first couple of eps were brilliant, but it kind of list the run of itself and ended up a lot less serious than it started off. Still gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Niska

Sense8

Never got Seinfeld, and Sense8 was uneven, but when it was good it was very very good.

• Advertisement

Seinfeld cos it’s brilliant.

Off topic - I didn’t go to Asda because this was on today. So I’m in Tesco and it’s ****ing expensive! My picks better get through cos this game is costume money!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Havent seen either, going to be a recurring theme for me throughout.

I loved sense8 and was very disappointed that it got cancelled. It had such potential! BUT Seinfeld is a total classic. I could watch it on repeat so .. my vote goes to Seinfeld!

I know seinfield will win but sense 8 is an amazing tv show, fairly origional story, very well written well acted and an amazing soundtrack.

Sense 8

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

**** when did this start?
    Seinfeld! For Schmoopey! And that dentist.

**** what have I already missed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Sense 8 - Interesting few eps at the start. Never got the appeal of Seinfeld.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

5-4 to Sense8 here.

Gotta admit I expected a walkover here so pleasantly surprised with how this is going.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Banjo wrote: »

You missed:

Friends beating Red Dwarf

The Office (US) beating Fair City

Prison Break beating Will and Grace

That's it.

Necro wrote: »
    5-4 to Sense8 here.

Gotta admit I expected a walkover here so pleasantly surprised with how this is going.

I'm shocked. Glad I gave my vote to Seinfeld now that sense8 is so well represented.

Banjo wrote: »

Welcome Joban!
    tumblr_n9yac5lWFl1s89hneo1_250.gifv

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Seinfeld, hilarious with a little longevity which is not seen too often in comedy! It was excellent and I often go back to watch. Sens8 was an excellent premise for a show but it didn't build on a great start IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

\SENSE 8 because it was nuts

6-5 to Sense8.

Can an upset be pulled off this early on? (Also I expect a beatdown from people arriving later :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭buckfast69

Seinfeld is a classic, it gave us Festivus.

Never seen or heard of Sense 8 though.

Next vote wins.... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Seinfeld , don't know what Sense8is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Seinfeld ..meh

Sense 8 sounds great

Wow. Photo finish

But Mam of 4 got there first and Seinfeld advances 7-6!

Never seen Sense 8 but I have seen Seinfeld. I don't understand what the fuss is all about. A few years back I decided to try and find out. Its awful. Watched the whole first season and didn't laugh once. Actually I did find the dated situations kinda funny (house phones, writing checks).

I strongly disapprove of "X because I haven't seen Y" votes!

Just to clarify, I'm not voting for either, just felt like ranting against Seinfeld.

Match number 5 now and this one could be spicy.

Orange is The New Black

220px-Orange_Is_the_New_Black_Season_1.jpg

VS

Rick and Morty

616JLjRTZyL.jpg

I strongly disapprove of "X because I haven't Y" votes!

I'm on the fence about this. I know exactly what you mean, I personally abstain if I don't feel strongly about one. But this game is hardly an exact science so people should be able to vote for anything for any reason. That's half the fun and why I regret not nominating Love Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Rick and Morty - Its genius, some really tough episodes when he nearly committed suicide after being heart broken but very funny and rewatchable

OITNB is just dull most of the way through. I lost interest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Rick and Morty.

Zany Sci fi cartoon fun beats women in prison "dramedy" any day. Have seen both. Some of Rick and Morty is very clever, others just loony, I love it.

Advertisement