Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

South park.

Hippies episode, when cartman lead the southern states to the capital. Mecha streisand. So many amazing episodes and characters

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Both very different shows and both excellent in their genres. It’s very easy to go “Yeah but one is a drama so that is a better show”, but they can’t be looked at as apples for apples.

The Wire is excellent, but there are other shows like it then I’d rate above it (just), while for South Park I struggle to put something in the same genre above it. South Park gets my vote

What this guy said!

Also, to avoid an undeserved drubbing

Vote for South Park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Has to be the wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

south park - come on down to south park and meet some friends of mine. it's only just briiliant and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Greyfox wrote: »
    Has to be the wire

need a reason for your vote to count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Kolido wrote: »
    Not a fan of SP, and although I havent seen the wire, its on my watchlist. Gets my vote.

Which gets your vote?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Controversial, but South Park. Entertaining me for 20 years. Not a fan of the earlier more toilet humour based ones, but when they get the satire right it's So right it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

South Park - made more of an impact overall

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Green&Red wrote: »
    Which gets your vote?

The Wire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Greyfox

De Bhál wrote: »
    need a reason for your vote to count.

the bible of crime drama as its the most accurate and realistic crime show ever made, excellent writing and great characters like Omar and stringer bell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

And Greyfox gets his reasoning in as South Park were on a comeback. The Wire progresses to the last 16 with an 11-7 victory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

The wire because I don't want a cartoon to win

Match 2.... :cool: (Accusations of match-fixing can fcuk right off if you think I'd pair these two lol)

Knight Rider

81feRHD4uML._SY445_.jpg

VS

Reeling In The Years

200px-RT%C3%89_Reeling_in_the_Years_1984.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Reeling, as it's a brilliant look into the past of this great Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

1303-and-itsgone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Reeling in the years - because it's better...is that enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

RITYs, great theme tune and always reely enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

Reeling In The Years - great idea for a show, full of nostalgia and cringe worthy dress sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

giphy.gif

What reason haven't I given previously.......Always wanted Devon Knight to be me Da as well, and I also loved his truck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Knight rider for me, I just love 80s tv. Also, while rity is technically a tv show, it is really just a compilation of old clips I can find on youtube. It's not what I thought of when picking nominations for this comp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Reeling in the Years.

Steely Dan theme alone puts it above a talking car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Niska

Reeling in the years.

Far better memories than Knight Rider. It's a nice, comforting, warm cup of tea show.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,299 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Reeling in the Years, because my wife's grandfather was (very briefly) on it. He was not, to the best of our knowledge, ever on Knight Rider.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Reeling in the years because the sound track always nails it and brings you back to the moment in time.

Knight Ryder may have guest starred on reeling in the years, reeling in the years never guest starred in Knight Ryder.

So RITY gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Both are easy watches, but if both were in front I’d stick of RITY much faster as a chill out show over a cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

RITY, probably be as far as this one should go but a good piece of history and nostalgia which i like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

reeling may have covered the 80's but knick ryder was the 80's.
    vote for knick ryder.

Reeling in the Years advances 11-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

Reeling in the years as its entertaining and nice to watch memories from years ago, and go, 'oh my god, I cannot believe its been xx years since xx happened!'

Advertisement