Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

ara shtop, this is too difficult!
    I guess if I had to chose Id have to say friends. I completely grew up with it and watched every single episode religiously. And I have seen every episode since then a million times. AND I will still sit and watch it which has to mean that is one of my favs for sure cause I dont do that for many shows.......

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,298 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ER. Strong characters and storylines that haven't aged badly. Also not repeated ad infinitum on Comedy Central.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

E.R bec. of it’s storylines (I found Friends so childish)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

ER. Each episode was perfectly set up and had your attention from the start. I recall Ewan McGregor featured in an early episode and it was riveting television.

Friends was good until 4th series went seriously downhill when they made the character of Ross stupid and Joey even more stupid eg Hand Twin episode. It stopped being funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

ER was a better drama than Friends was a comedy.

I vote ER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Voting for Friends as its the best sitcom ever. ER was never anything more than a good medical drama. Friends speaks to a generation of people like no other tv show

Friends, was pretty obsessed with it when it came out. Still some great lines, a lot (not all) of the comedy holds up well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Kinda shocked E.R is winning this so handy.

Go team!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Friends is great watched it all the way through a couple of years ago, some of the sheen has worn off having seen it so many times since but that'd happen with any comedy. Voting Friends here

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kinda shocked E.R is winning this so handy.

Go team!

You jinxed it :pac:

9-6 to ER currently

• Advertisement

Come on people ER is PISH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

ER for me.

Friends has grown old due to the constant repeats. Also have to admit that I was only ever really a fan of seasons 2-6/7. There was a lot that I didn’t like.

Sunday nights ER with Kovac and Lucy was a staple

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Come on people ER is PISH

Yeah but it's better than Friends :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Friends

don't think an ER werewolf game would have appealed to me half as much as Friends did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Er as Goose was in it as Dr Green

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's it!

ER takes down the famous 6 and progresses 11-7!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Friends: Theres a great scene with a fountain in every episode of the show.

Er as Goose was in it as Dr Green
    They both died

Next up and something tells me revenge may be the order of the day here...

Love/Hate

love-hate.jpg

VS

Absolutely Fabulous

MV5BZTQ0MjQzMmEtYjE2My00ZTc4LWI3Y2YtMjg1N2NlOGI1ZjAzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc4NTExMTk@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Love hate. Great TV, plus shockingly its Irish

• Advertisement

Love/Hate. Best thing ever produced by RTE and on a par with some of the best shows across the pond.

Ab Fab? Pfft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Absolutely Fabulous for Pasty and the writing

Love hate is better neither deserve a place in the next round

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ab Fab. Patsy is the British Nidge and she played it better.

Love Ab Fab, especially Patsy, but Love/Hate gets the nod as it's the best Irish TV production in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Love/Hate is the only Irish show I've seen thats at the level of a lot of high quality dramas in the US and UK. Vote Love/Hate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Love/Hate as abfab knocked out only fools and horses and Necro is right, it's revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Love/Hate, tense drama and Fab needs to die. Should not be this far in the show.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Love/hate. 2nd best Irish TV show..

Also.. retribution!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Ab Fab, never saw love hate as anything other than glorifying Dublin gangstas

Advertisement