Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TV Show EVER - Boardsies Decide: Tournament Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭De Bhál

My first real dilemma

Father Ted for the laughs and continuing laughs

Sorry Sisko

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Easy. Vote for Father Ted. The episode with a video from Bishop Brennan's trip to California when it shows him at the beach with his son and secret girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tough.

I'll have to say, father Ted. Brilliantly funny every episode

Fr ted best shoe about priests set in space

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Father Ted as it is 18 episodes of genius. Whilst DS9 is grand in its own right but when is comes to which program is better it has to be Ted for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Sci fi fans.... UNITE

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Father Ted because every single character is so memorable

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Too late, Vale. Father Ted puts DS9's head through the wall and advances in an 11-1 hammering

Necro wrote: »
    Too late, Vale. Father Ted puts DS9's head through the wall and advances in an 11-1 hammering

Ah sh*te.

All those for voted against DS9 will be dealt with once I take power.

All Eyes On Rafah

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Father Ted because every single character is so memorable

Ya i loved your man in it he was class

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ok thanks for playing today folks.

Gonna keep the same format for the last 16 then from quarters onwards it'll be a set time period to vote for your favourite show.

No easy matches at this stage of the tournament.

See you all tomorrow morning at... 11... ah... maybe 10... I'll see how I'm fixed. Results of Last 32 will be posted shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Ya i loved your man in it he was class

The one in the blue jumper?

Gonna keep the same format for the last 16 then from quarters onwards it'll be a set time period to vote for your favourite show.

See you all tomorrow morning at... 11... ah... maybe 10... I'll see how I'm fixed. Results of Last 32 will be posted shortly

Well done dude!!! . What's left for tomorrow's?

All Eyes On Rafah

Necro, alphabet sheep just started

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

The Sopranos because it was brilliant and has aged well. Plus for Paulie Walnuts in the Pine Barrens episode, really was sore from laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No surprise 11 o clock tonight game for your clans to knock out the Sopranos now

Necro, alphabet sheep just started

Aaaaaaaaaannnd I'm switching over.

All Eyes On Rafah

Results of Last 32:

1. The Wire 11 - 7 South Park
    2. Reeling In The Years 11 - 2 Knight Rider
    3. Buffy The Vampire Slayer 11 - 7 MacGyver
    4. The West Wing 11 - 10 The Shield
    5. Blackadder 11 - 8 Chernobyl
    6. Breaking Bad 11 - 3 Stranger Things
    7. Band of Brothers 11 - 3 Seinfeld
    8. The Office (UK) 11 - 9 Star Trek: The Original Series
    9. ER 11 - 7 Friends
    10. Love/Hate 11 - 4 Absolutely Fabulous
    11. Firefly 11 - 10 The Office (US)
    12. Frasier 11 - 2 The Fast Show
    13. Game of Thrones 11 - 2 The A-Team
    14. The X-Files 11 - 6 The Walking Dead
    15. The Sopranos 11 - 5 The Simpsons
    16. Father Ted 11 - 1 Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Damn can’t believe I missed the Shield vote!

pc7 wrote: »
    Damn can’t believe I missed the Shield vote!

I know my heart is broken over that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Those last 3 results are a disgrace. All those voters are banned from the forum.

Baggly wrote: »
    Those last 3 results are a disgrace. All those voters are banned from the forum.

I agree, but shhhhhhh sheep is on.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Missed the last few votes. Killing off the simpsons for the sopranos is heracy, especially because OZ didn’t make it past the first round. The sopranos finale was an utter joke, a joke of game of thrones proportions.

While I enjoy this game there’s too many people voting for a particular show just because they haven’t seen the show it’s up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Missed the last few votes. Killing off the simpsons for the sopranos is heracy, especially because OZ didn’t make it past the first round. The sopranos finale was an utter joke, a joke of game of thrones proportions.

While I enjoy this game there’s too many people voting for a particular show just because they haven’t seen the show it’s up against.

So 1 hour of the sopranos was a shambles....compared to how many years of the simpsons?

If the simpsons had finished after season 10/11 they I would have it as a coin toss. But when they have been pumping out pure muck for nearly 20 seasons then I cannot understand how it is heresy. It is common sense

MrKingsley wrote: »
    So 1 hour of the sopranos was a shambles....compared to how many years of the simpsons?

If the simpsons had finished after season 10/11 they I would have it as a coin toss. But when they have been pumping out pure muck for nearly 20 seasons then I cannot understand how it is heresy. It is common sense

Yeah but there’s a lot more better seasons of the Simpson’s than there are of the sopranos total. I mean if you want to do it that way...

I totally get what you’re saying though, for a long long time Dexter was the best show on Telly before it descended into a steaming pile of horse shït. 4 perfect seasons developing characters and then an absolute embarrassment to writing followed. And for that, it deserves to burn.

The same could be said of The Walking Dead, although I was never a fan.

Sorry to interrupt..

But I don't think it's quite the same as shows like Dexter and TWD going downhill. It's the fact the Simpsons went downhill and then just...kept...going! On a scale never seen before. There's jumping the shark and then theres the simpsons. They've long since squeezed it dry and it's overshadowing how amazing it once was. If TWD is still going in ten years I'll feel the same!

Sorry to interrupt..

But I don't think it's quite the same as shows like Dexter and TWD going downhill. It's the fact the Simpsons went downhill and then just...kept...going! On a scale never seen before. There's jumping the shark and then theres the simpsons. They've long since squeezed it dry and it's overshadowing how amazing it once was. If TWD is still going in ten years I'll feel the same!

Ok, so controversial opinion incoming.

The newer episodes of the simpsons aren’t bad, they can still be very funny.

Are they up to the standards of the first decade, hell no.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I agree with HM

Ok, so controversial opinion incoming.

The newer episodes of the simpsons aren’t bad, they can still be very funny.

Are they up to the standards of the first decade, hell no.

Aw well that's just personal preference which is what the games all about! I can't seem to enjoy the newer stuff. Maybe I'm just too hung up on them milking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

How is friends there!!!

show for idiots

Advertisement