Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorview scrambled

• 28-09-2019 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I have had a recent issue with the saorview channels coming up as scrambled.
    At first I assumed that this was a temporary outage and it would rectify itself in time. However it has been like this for a few weeks now.
    all the freesat channels are as per normal.
    I tried a retune but while it seemed to recognise all the saorview tv and radio chanels they still appear as scrambled.
    I am in the Carlingford, Co Louth area and have a Fergueson ariva 153 combo box.
    Any advise appreciate as google searches ain't coming up with anything

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

pcasso wrote: »
    I have had a recent issue with the saorview channels coming up as scrambled.
    At first I assumed that this was a temporary outage and it would rectify itself in time. However it has been like this for a few weeks now.
    all the freesat channels are as per normal.
    I tried a retune but while it seemed to recognise all the saorview tv and radio chanels they still appear as scrambled.
    I am in the Carlingford, Co Louth area and have a Fergueson ariva 153 combo box.
    Any advise appreciate as google searches ain't coming up with anything

Saorview is received by terrestrial aerial and is unencrypted. If you are seeing scrambled you are looking at the Irish channels from satellite where they are paid channels on Sky and are encrypted

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

Saorview is received by terrestrial aerial and is unencrypted. If you are seeing scrambled you are looking at the Irish channels from satellite where they are paid channels on Sky and are encrypted
    So how come it has changed recently and I am only seeing the scrambled message now.
    I have been watching both Saoirview and Freesat channels without issue for the last five years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

As was mentioned already, if you're seeing a scrambled/encrypted message, what you're tuned into are the satellite broadcasts from 28.2 east, which are part of Sky's Irish lineup.

Nothing's changed, unless your receiver has put them in place of the Saorview versions, for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Unless somehow you were picking up Saorsat

fritzelly wrote: »
    Unless somehow you were picking up Saorsat

Saorsat has nothing to do with anything here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭iioklo

I think saorview changed frequency in the last few weeks. You might have to retune in the channels.

https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

There are a lot of topics getting crossed over here.

Saorview is Irish channels received on an aerial unencrypted.

Freesat is the free channels on the sky satellite 28.2e (At least as far as most people are concerned) the Irish channels Encrypted here.

Saorsat is the Irish channels on a completely different satellite.(9e) You can't get these with a regular dish setup and definitely not by accident but they are unencrypted.

Op nothing has changed in this area in a million years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

pcasso wrote: »
    So how come it has changed recently and I am only seeing the scrambled message now.
    I have been watching both Saoirview and Freesat channels without issue for the last five years.

You may need to do a terrestrial rescan, someone with the same box will have to advise

There are a lot of topics getting crossed over here.

Saorview is Irish channels received on an aerial unencrypted.

Freesat is the free channels on the sky satellite 28.2e (At least as far as most people are concerned) the Irish channels Encrypted here.

Saorsat is the Irish channels on a completely different satellite.(9e) You can't get these with a regular dish setup and definitely not by accident but they are unencrypted.

Op nothing has changed in this area in a million years
    I appreciate all your responses but unfortunately something has changed in that up to a few weeks ago I could watch RTE, Virgin etc and now they are scrambled.
    I didn't do anything so something, somewhere has to have changed

It appears that all of what I have called saorview channels have simply moved or are replicated at a different number/place in the arriva box list and where the once were at numbers 1-9 are showing as scrambled.
    I will have to figure out how to move them into the desired location and peace should be restored
    Thanks for all the responses.

• Advertisement

Some of the Saorview transmitters, including Clermont Carn & Greenore, are changing frequencies, to clear the 700 MHz band for the mobile providers.

They new frequencies were switched on Sept. 4th, but they're running the old alongside until March.

Advertisement