Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord entitlements

Options
  • 28-09-2019 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭

Hey, so I have been an ‘accidental landlord’ for the guts of a year. Have to file income tax soon, any tips? What can you claim deductions for? Has been a difficult spell, lot of charges to pay, kept all the receipts.
    It’s no joke being a landlord! Even with excellent tenants! Could be no one left I’m this game in a few years except really big investors who will drive rental prices very high.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Hey, so I have been an ‘accidental landlord’ for the guts of a year. Have to file income tax soon, any tips? What can you claim deductions for? Has been a difficult spell, lot of charges to pay, kept all the receipts.
    It’s no joke being a landlord! Even with excellent tenants! Could be no one left I’m this game in a few years except really big investors who will drive rental prices very high.
    Management fees if paid
    General expenses for any repairs, furniture or appliances supplied in course of year
    Insurance
    Costs of travel to inspect property 2/3 visits per year ( Dont tear the arse out of it though)
    Accountant cost,
    If in doubt get an accountant to process your return. It doesnt cost that much and it could save lot of money

Advertisement