Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 8 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Fabianski is injured, in case that impacts your shout for wh defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Ros1234

Tusky wrote: »
    Yeah but then I'd have two Leicester defenders - is that not to be avoided?

Dave?

Ya sorry, missed you had Soy already, I'd say a Chelsea defender so if you're maxed out on City, I brought in Fredericks 2 weeks ago but with Fabinski out now for a few months I would avoid WH. Tomori so as you say, I wouldn't be too keen on Spurs at the moment either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is it worth shipping KDB out for 1 week only?? If so, for who?? 0.0 ITB

Never mind. Bought him for 9.7m, he's now 10m so keeping him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Do you also have a City defender? If not, would you consider Salah to Sterling as City have much better fixtures than Liverpool for 4/5 GWs and then switch back?

If you move from KDB to Sterling, I think that's a kind of make your bed and lie in it transfer. If you end up going back, you will have lost several transfers and 4 or more points. Decide whether you want KDB or Sterling longer term. While KDB will miss the Wolves game, you should factor in that Sterling could be rested for another game in the next few weeks.

I do have Otamendi also. So Salah to Sterling wouldn't be an option and I still think Salah is capable of decent scores so I'm keeping him.

Not sure why you think Sterling will be rested again in the next few weeks. I think he's had his rest in the premier league and should be good for the next few.

This would be a long term plan to have Sterling but might just hold KdB after all. Not sure if I fancy King and other 6-6.5m strikers aren't great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Not sure why you think Sterling will be rested again in the next few weeks. I think he's had his rest in the premier league and should be good for the next few.
    I didn't say that I think Sterling will be rested but it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that he will be rested for, for example, the Southampton game, a full six weeks after previous rest, before a crunch game against Liverpool and another int window on the horizon.

My point was Pep rotates the team a lot and everyone misses games here and there so KDB being injured for one isn't a reason to sell him, missing a random game is par for the course with City players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

Debating otam and James for Mahrez tomori for a -4 or leave till next week, pukki party on last chance also mmm

Am I the only one who sees Mahrez as a trap? He is far from guaranteed to start this weekend, Sterling and Bilva both available and have had less game time than him recently. Logic says he gets a rest but then logic doesn't apply to Pep. Getting him in is playing high stakes Pep roulette if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Am I the only one who sees Mahrez as a trap? He is far from guaranteed to start this weekend, Sterling and Bilva both available and have had less game time than him recently. Logic says he gets a rest but then logic doesn't apply to Pep. Getting him in is playing high stakes Pep roulette if you ask me.

I agree. Him and Bilva are 50/50 right now in who plays. Bilva has played back in KDB's spot before. That's the only way Mahrez gametime is near certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have used a transfer already,

Better to bring in Saka for Hayden with my second free or just play Lundstrum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Pep said KDB is out on Sunday. So who replaces him in midfield Gundogan or Bernando?

Home to Wolves, so you would suspect Bernando, with Mahrez & Sterling on the wings. Or does he go 3-5-2, with Mendy & Cancelo as wing backs and Jesus & Aguero up top?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

FitzShane wrote: »
    Pep said KDB is out on Sunday. So who replaces him in midfield Gundogan or Bernando?

Home to Wolves, so you would suspect Bernando, with Mahrez & Sterling on the wings. Or does he go 3-5-2, with Mendy & Cancelo as wing backs and Jesus & Aguero up top?!

It will be Bernardo,I think, especially if he has a possible ban upcoming

But its Pep, it could well be Jesus and a 4-4-2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Mahrez will be starting this weekend. I couldn’t be more sure of anything this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Phil Foden will replace KDB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Given KDB news... I decided to also make a few changes... Taking a -8 .... Hopefully it works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

My head is wrecked. I want in Auba in really badly for his great fixtures and would be a good differential in my league. The problem is how to fund him...

I have

Salah - Sterling - KDB - Son - Cantwell

Pukki - Abraham - Wesley

I would love to get rid of Wesley for Auba but that means ditching Sterling or Salah. Mental to go without any Liverpool players? The midfield replacement will be Mount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

eoghan104 wrote: »
    My head is wrecked. I want in Auba in really badly for his great fixtures and would be a good differential in my league. The problem is how to fund him...

I have

Salah - Sterling - KDB - Son - Cantwell

Pukki - Abraham - Wesley

I would love to get rid of Wesley for Auba but that means ditching Sterling or Salah. Mental to go without any Liverpool players? The midfield replacement will be Mount.

I'm in the same boat with Mane, risky going without Liverpool player alright. They do have sticky fixtures.
    Chelsea are banging in goals so mount is definitely a handy replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

jamesbere wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat with Mane, risky going without Liverpool player alright. They do have sticky fixtures.
    Chelsea are banging in goals so mount is definitely a handy replacement.
    Feck it I did it..... Mon Auba!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Feck it I did it..... Mon Auba!

I'll do it too. Go team auba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have a bit of cash to play with.

1. PVA - TAA
    2. Cantwell - Yarmolenko

Had #1 in my head for a few weeks, but 2 is calling out to me now with WH's nice fixtures and a bit of a differential. Livepool's fixtures don't look CS-friendly (apart from WH).

Means this week playing Yarmolenko/PVA or TAA/Cantwell (with Soy if Cantwell doesn't make it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭COH

1FT...

Can either do KDB > Son (or someone else <10.5 ??) for a 1 week punt or play Ake against Arsenal.

I have no value tied up in KDB as was late enough to the party and could straight swap him back in after the break if necessary.

Who else is worthy of a 1 week hurrah? Mahrez and Dilva seem to other two logical choices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this weekend will be scary without Auba or Sterling.

but i feel i need to hold the transfer. there's nothing worthwhile i can do without a minus 4, and i don't want to get rid of KDB for one game and lose a ton of value. my team value is diabolical enough.

would you play Soyuncu or Greenwood?

Pope
    TAA Digne Lundstram Guilbert Soyuncu
    Cantwell Son Salah
    Aguero Haller

Button Greenwood KDB Hayden

i'll likely downgrade Haller to Wesley next GW to improve my bench with my 2FTs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

SlickRic wrote: »

but i feel i need to hold the transfer. there's nothing worthwhile i can do without a minus 4, and i don't want to get rid of KDB for one game and lose a ton of value. my team value is diabolical enough.

Pope
    Cantwell Son Salah
    Aguero Haller

i'll likely downgrade Haller to Wesley next GW to improve my bench with my 2FTs.

Personally I'd play Greenwood. He has more chance of getting a 1 point cameo than Soy getting more than 1 point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »

Pope
    Cantwell Son Salah
    Aguero Haller

Soy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Only got Aguero in last week but very tempted to drop him for Auba!!

Crazy?

Flirted with the idea of KdB to Son. But Poch's comments about the game tomorrow have put me right off.

Now considering F.Anderson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Flirted with the idea of KdB to Son. But Poch's comments about the game tomorrow have put me right off.

Now considering F.Anderson

Spurs fan here....I went for KDB to Son. Madness maybe but spurs have to react.

Could just be a one week punt and could wildcard if necessary

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Spurs fan here....I went for KDB to Son. Madness maybe but spurs have to react.

Could just be a one week punt and could wildcard if necessary

Pochettino hinted at changes this weekend, saying in his pre-match presser that some players who have started two games over the last week are "maybe going to rest for tomorrow". That could put the likes of Son Heung-min, Harry Winks and Tanguy Ndombele at risk, then, with Lucas potentially in line to deputise for the South Korea international up top.

Should I be concerned?

Pochettino hinted at changes this weekend, saying in his pre-match presser that some players who have started two games over the last week are "maybe going to rest for tomorrow". That could put the likes of Son Heung-min, Harry Winks and Tanguy Ndombele at risk, then, with Lucas potentially in line to deputise for the South Korea international up top.

Should I be concerned?

Now I am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Want to get Auba in for this weekend but only way I can do it directly is by going Augero out and Auba in.

Otherwise I would have to make 2 transfers and go Abraham and Salah out for Auba and Son.

Any preference? Probably the first but I'm terrified that Aguero would fill his boots this weekend. Have Sterling already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Actually debating a free hit in a desperate attempt to boost my terrible start

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »

Dont in my opinion. Save it for blank game weeks or doubles when you need it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dont in my opinion. Save it for blank game weeks or doubles when you need it

Yeah at the moment you're only doing it because there's roumours of rotation. There will be a week where you'll only have 8 players with fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

It’s either
    1. KDB/Hayden to Mahrez/McGinn
    2. Hayden to Saka
    Exact money and no hit needed.
    Rest of the team is:
    Pope
    TAA, Lundstram, Tomori
    Mane, Mount, Cantwell
    Auba, Kun, Abraham.
    Button, Kelly, Soy,

Now I am!

Sorry! But you're a Spurs fan so you know as much as FFS. I'm sure they are just speculating

eh i dunno wrote: »

Then you'll just lose whatever advantage you gain again now later, when it makes more sense to use for many others. You could boost your ranking this week sure but it's still the same team after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

dsmythy wrote: »
    Then you'll just lose whatever advantage you gain again now later, when it makes more sense to use for many others. You could boost your ranking this week sure but it's still the same team after.

Decided against it. Wanted Auba but can't get him in. Starting Zinchenko Maitland-Niles Ceballos Cantwell. Have Lundstram Soyuncu dendonker on the bench and I expect a few of that 4 not to start particularly Maitland-Niles and cebellos

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

patmac wrote: »
    It’s either
    1. KDB/Hayden to Mahrez/McGinn
    2. Hayden to Saka
    Exact money and no hit needed.
    Rest of the team is:
    Pope
    TAA, Lundstram, Tomori
    Mane, Mount, Cantwell
    Auba, Kun, Abraham.
    Button, Kelly, Soy,

Had a very similar choice and went with option 2. Saka was probably Arsenal's most dangerous player against United. Got an assist, unlucky not to score at least 1, stayed on longer than Pepe and was rested for the Europa League game so should be nailed for this weekend. Granted he could be straight back out once Laca is back or if this Martinelli kid can replicate his Europa League form but at 4.5 he's definitely the choice for this week and you can re-evaluate after the international break. Plus you retain any value built up in KDB.

KDB to Son is the big mover. Both going to change price tonight as a result. As is Allison interestingly.

dsmythy wrote: »
    KDB to Son is the big mover. Both going to change price tonight as a result. As is Allison interestingly.

My current selling price for KdB is 9.7m
    He will be 9.9 to buy back from tomorrow and quite likely 9.7 again by GW9. That's what's pushing me closer to the same transfer

He will be 9.9 to buy back from tomorrow and quite likely 9.7 again by GW9. That's what's pushing me closer to the same transfer

Will the selling continue post deadline though?

• Advertisement

KDB will not be 9.7 by GW9. Minimal transfers will be made over the break and his flag will be removed after it. He will most likely be getting transfers in. Can see a lot of people who dropped him this week going straight back to him, particularly if Mahrez doesn't start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

He will be 9.9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is Saka likely to play?

km79 wrote: »
    He will be 9.9

I don't think you can guarantee that. He will be 9.9 tomorrow and trending downwards. It may be touch and go for another drop but you can't be so certain that he will be 9.9 in 14 days time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Is Saka likely to play?
    Almost banked. Rested in midweek and Emery has great things to say about him. Passes the eye test too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Spent the whole week in a smug state of transfer banking but as the deadline nears I’m veering towards Aguero out for Auba.

With KDB out it leaves me with no City attacking cover but I’m sick of the rotation at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Spent the whole week in a smug state of transfer banking but as the deadline nears I’m veering towards Aguero out for Auba.

With KDB out it leaves me with no City attacking cover but I’m sick of the rotation at this stage...

You just have to accept the city rotation. Pick the players you want and move on is the way I look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Tracker9

Need a forward for a one week punt. Who's the best option under 6.4?

Looking at Wood or King

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I brought Tomori in yeaterdai for Cahill, hope he can do well tomorri.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I brought Tomori in yeaterdai for Cahill, hope he can do well tomorri.

That joke was there to be made and you stepped up. *Congratulatory high five*

Advertisement