Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2020-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Boeing651

Hi, I’ve been on the us visa site and have completed up to end aside from info from Aer Lingus which I don’t have. But it said in application it’s taken several months for visa interview due to a backlog from covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

I’ve completed half the form haven’t completed it fully yet. On the letter from EI it says to make an appointment as soon as possible. You need a barcode to make an appointment and can only get a barcode by applying for the visa online…

nobox are useless for information and impossible to get through to. Very frustrating!

On the brightside I’m hoping we’ll be flying stateside!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tiamcc

Hi, I got the visa email too, there should be an attachment with it to hand into the embassy

Hi yes there is an attachment with it but you have to make the appointment online To get an appointment.

It says once you get to payment part that it can take several months for an appointment due to a backlog from covid.

I haven’t finished mine yet as wasn’t sure about address for the Us or if we are suppose to complete that we are working for EI now as I fear putting in my current employer will delay it. Also not sure if we need our passports for anything else in the meantime as we have to send passport into embassy.

I completed the visa today and paid the fee of $160 and there’s no available dates for months. I wonder do EI have an input here to get sooner dates?

Post edited by popers98 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭orionm_73

They don’t have any input at all I’m afraid. The US embassy calls the shots. As it is,presumably, your first US crew visa, they will want to interview you in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭suzycat

Oh no when’s the next available date?

Honestly I can’t remember I filled it out over a couple of days. I just said I’d be there less than 24 hours and it didn’t ask for an address

I didn’t get an appointment until may but I’ll keep checking back to see if any sooner ones come up

• Advertisement

I was just on there and got on for late April. I used Aer Lingus address in Jericho US and done 24 hours for time in US too

Okay thanks!

I just put JFK New York down!

I haven't applied for an appointment yet. I'm querying the visa fee with Nobox first of all. Do we pay or will they cover it?! I know I'll have to pay but thought I'd just ask😬

It would be great if they did cover it. it worked out at €144 🙈

My friend works in EI and she told to me put the Jericho address in as that’s what she had a put down, someone pmd me here also who works in EI and said Jericho too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Yeah you’ll be able to claim this back as an expense

Aw well the application is gone in..oops!

I'm sure with the letter from AL it should be okay🤞🤞🙏

I've just filled out my visa application all in one go and its pretty much taken me all day! Glad it's done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 HappyFace22

I got an email there offering me a position starting on 11/04! I’m so happy

Ye it should be ok. We weren’t given the information so not a lot can do. Did you get an appointment?

• Advertisement

That's fantastic, well done!

Does anyone know if you’re still let go for 6 months and then brought back? I know they used to do it a few years ago until you were made permanent but just wondering if it’s since changed?

Nobox told me contract was until October 31st so I would say so.

Yeah I was thinking it would end around October too! Is it ending in October regardless of when you start?

Anyone having issues with their Garda vetting?

I have yet to receive the evetting link for the Garda vetting. I was on to Nobox who are useless tbh! Then I got onto the ID centre in the Airport who said they sent the link on the 28th January which I never got. I'm still waiting on a response from them. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm actually getting a bit worried if they don't do the Garda vetting in time, I won't be able to start on the 28th February. I have just given in my notice in work😬

I'm going to call AL directly tomorrow to see what's happening.

Anyone else having problems??

Nobox are absolutely useless. I’d call EI and ask them to help you out as Nobox aren’t responding to your query. EI will want you to get your AIC card asap. The ID centre should be able to resend you the link. Might be worth checking your spam.. I’m sure you have ready but just on the off chance you haven’t

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Significant delays on getting airside badges currently. EI Ground staff being trained but not able to work as still awaiting badges.

Hey,

Yeah I'll call EI tomorrow.

To get the AIC card you need the BSAT training etc, but that will be part of the actual training?

The communication is so bad🙄

Don't start me with Nobox..my stress levels are up to ninety with them. Bombarded with email's expecting you to drop everything & get back to them asap! Everything seems to be last minute with them. There's no one person you deal with, you're going from Billy to Bob with them. I understand they're probably under pressure aswell but it should be better managed.

Phew...rant over🤪

• Advertisement

Your BSAT training for the AIC card is completely separate… it’s hell it’s 3 hours long online so be prepared 🤣 EI should send you that directly so I believe

As for Nobox… I have no words… I think they could have my number black listed at this rate 😂 But yes I agree they expect you to have everything the request at the click of a finger it’s very frustrating

Advertisement