Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc ext alarm fault

Options
  • 29-09-2019 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I’m a first time poster hopefully I can get some help. I’m having windows fitted in ten days so I started to remove the upstairs magnetic reed sensors and twist the wires together to close the loop. My alarm was setting and working fine then it went off in the middle of the night with an ext bell tamper showing on the screen. I couldn’t get the fault to clear so ended up disconnecting the battery and removing the fuse at the panel. Would it be the removal of the window sensors that would of caused this? Or is it it just coincidence? Thanks any help would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It could be just a coincidence or it could be the external bell is somehow wired through some of those window sensors. To clear the fault for now remove the tamper return cable & place a 4k7 resistor across BHO & Tamper Return

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Munch789

Thanks for the reply. I found the issue a wire had come loose at the panel. So easy fix in the end. I never had the panel open but I was working near it so maybe I managed to dislodge the wire. Thanks again

Advertisement