Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Phone Insurance

Options
  • 29-09-2019 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi folks,

Sorry for a very basic question... but I've always and ever had an iPhone. I'm switching to Android and I was wondering if someone could suggest some form of insurance? I'm buying the phone outright (unlocked from Littlewoods) and it's not a Bill Pay phone. I've always used Apple Care, and when looking online for Android insurance the sites just look a bit scetchy.

I'm also trying to decide between the Huawei 20 Mate Pro or the OnePlus 7 phone... any recommendations?

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Have you priced those phones on Amazon?
    I'd imagine you may well get it cheaper than Littlewoods...unless you're using vouchers or something?
    Try Amazon.co.uk, amazon.de, .fr, .es, .it

Not sure about the phone insurance I generally just use a tempered glass screen protector plus case to guard against accidental damage. And then use due care to guard against theft.

I do believe that Revolut offered phone insurance. That may be worth investigating. I have no idea how good that might be so this isn't an endorsement either!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

There's a number of phone insurers out there and I think some home/rental insurance policies may include it, but from all I've read over the years it's generally worthless because of the number of get outs classed as "user damage"

I've never had insurance myself and I have always had flagship phones. But that said, I have never lost a phone or had one stolen either so maybe I@m just lucky :)

Advertisement