Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Completely locked out of Google account

Options
  • 29-09-2019 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭

Something very strange has happened with my Google account. I've had it for probably 15 odd years. I have 2 step verification on for security reasons, always worked fine using my phone, but this morning, when I went to log in, it said I had no devices connected to my account. Though my phone still shows as a device in my Google account on my phone?

Strange, I thought, and instead went for the "send me an SMS" option. None arrived. Resent, still doesn't work. Tried about 10 times over 2 hours and no codes ever arrived (they usually do just fine). Then I went for the 'generate security codes' option using my account on my 'offline' phone. Said all those codes are incorrect despite being generated from the Google app for my account?

Now I am 100% locked out of my account on desktop. Can still use my phone, but I absolutely need desktop access. And I can't use my phone to change anything, as every time I do, it wants to run 2-step verification.

There's no question of it being taken over or anything as checking my account through my phone, my phone number, device, etc are all correct. Does anyone please have any suggestions. What has happened here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Did you turn on and off your phone? Can you text people ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yes, restarted phone several times. Can text other people no problem. Under 'your devices' on my phone, both it and my tablet are listed on my phone. But when I go to any web browser, I can't use 2-step as it says no devices are on my account...and no SMS get through. Since this morning, so not some brief outage of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Homelander wrote: »
    Yes, restarted phone several times. Can text other people no problem. Under 'your devices' on my phone, both it and my tablet are listed on my phone. But when I go to any web browser, I can't use 2-step as it says no devices are on my account...and no SMS get through. Since this morning, so not some brief outage of service.

Silly question, but are you absolutely, 100% sure that its the right google account? Did you try typing out the email address manually when logging in?

Advertisement