Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby Forum

• 29-09-2019 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been infracted on the Rugby forum. I made a post stating that Paddy Jackson's life was ruined by the accusations of the "promiscuous" woman who made them. The mod in question is "connemaraman". I have tried to resolve the issue with him to no avail. The reason I was given was that I was "victim blaming". When I pointed out to connemaraman that there was no victim in this case he told me that the ban will still not be lifted.

Could this please be looked into,

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I will alert the CMods to this appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi, can you share the pm discussion you had with the mod in question please and I'll have a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Quote: Kidchameleon
    Hi could you please explain why I was infracted. I have no idea why. If not ill escalate. Thanks.

Quote: connemaraman
    Sorry I haven't been able to be as online as I would like today.

The Paddy Jackson case is one of extreme sensitivity and your post on the victim was inflammatory, and warranted an infraction

Date: 29/09/2019 | 10:00
    Dear Kidchameleon,

You have been infracted for a breach of the forum charter.

Every forum on Boards.ie has a charter which lists any specific rules that forum may have and it is really important that you read this as it'll help you familiarise yourself with how that forum works. You should also understand that every forum is different and that charters are how you learn the differences.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

connemara man

Your post:Quote: Kidchameleon
    Quote: irishproduce
    If Jackson hadn't been hounded out of Irish rugby he'd have been in there today.

Agreed. His life was ruined by the regret of that promiscuous woman, but we all suffered yesterday as rugby fans.

Quote: Kidchameleon:
    No crime was committed, the trial found that. There is no victim. Jackson is innocent. Remove the infraction or I will escalate. Thanks for your time.

Quote: connemaraman
    Given the topic, the multiple topic warnings, and the zero tolerance warning in place the infraction won't be lifted

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'm waiting to hear from the mod now.

Hi Kidchameleon.

I've reviewed the moderator action.

First, this was a red card, there was no ban issued as you mentioned in your first post here.

Second, there is currently a zero tolerance policy in force on the forum for the duration of the RWC and that has been widely advertised by the mods.

Third, and most importantly, what you posted had no relevance to the topic being discussed and was only ever going to derail the thread if the mod had not intervened.

My decision is I do not see any reason to overturn the on-thread mod action.

You may, as part of the procedure, appeal my decision to admin, please let me know.

Steve wrote: »
    First, this was a red card, there was no ban issued as you mentioned in your first post here.

I said I was infracted I don't think I mentioned a ban?
    Second, there is currently a zero tolerance policy in force on the forum for the duration of the RWC and that has been widely advertised by the mods.

I understand there is a zero tolerance policy but I felt I had done nothing wrong
    Third, and most importantly, what you posted had no relevance to the topic being discussed and was only ever going to derail the thread if the mod had not intervened.

Another poster brought up the subject and I responded so I feel it was relevant. But the reason given by the mod for my infraction was "victim blaming" so I know that it was not about off topic posting.
    You may, as part of the procedure, appeal my decision to admin, please let me know.

Yes I'd like to appeal, thanks.

I said I was infracted I don't think I mentioned a ban?
    You mentioned a ban in your OP, I assume this was an error on your part.
    in this case he told me that the ban will still not be lifted.
    I understand there is a zero tolerance policy but I felt I had done nothing wrong
    I accept that, however, what you 'feel' is not really relevant to whether your post was in breach of forum rules.
    Another poster brought up the subject and I responded so I feel it was relevant. But the reason given by the mod for my infraction was "victim blaming" so I know that it was not about off topic posting.
    I reviewed your post ant the infraction in the context of the forum rules, neither your or the mods feelings were relevant to that.
    What you posted was off topic, unnecessary, and inflammatory. The fact that you were maybe baited into replying is also something I considered, however there were other options, such as reporting the post, or indeed not taking the bait, available you you.

You are a member here for 11 years so I'm not going to believe that you never realised that.

Yes I'd like to appeal, thanks.
    No worries, I shall inform admins of your request.

Indeed I did mention the word ban, that was unintentional! Look leave it, its grand, I was annoyed that the mod said I was victim blaming nothing more needs to be done, I have said what I had to say.

• Advertisement

To be clear, do you no longer wish to appeal?

If so, I'll request this be marked as resolved.
    Thanks.

I confirm I no longer wish to appeal, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement