Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2TB M.2 drive.

Options
  • 30-09-2019 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for a 2TB M.2 drive for an ITX build I'm planning.
    Doesn't matter if it's NVMe or SATA, looking for something cheap and cheerful.
    Intel 660p is about the cheapest I can find, anyone have a recommendation?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Hi,
    Looking for a 2TB M.2 drive for an ITX build I'm planning.
    Doesn't matter if it's NVMe or SATA, looking for something cheap and cheerful.
    Intel 660p is about the cheapest I can find, anyone have a recommendation?
    Cheers

It's not really a sweet spot capacity for m.2.
    The best I could find was WD Blue 2 TB 3D NAND Internal SSD M.2 SATA on Amazon, ~£285.
    There might be cheaper no name brands but I wouldn't trust 2tb of my data to a no name...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

SickBoy wrote: »
    It's not really a sweet spot capacity for m.2.
    The best I could find was WD Blue 2 TB 3D NAND Internal SSD M.2 SATA on Amazon, ~£285.
    There might be cheaper no name brands but I wouldn't trust 2tb of my data to a no name...

£196 for the 2TB 660p on Amazon. Not the fastest by any means but fast enough for my needs I reckon. Was hoping a SATA M.2 drive in a 2TB would be cheapest but haven't really found anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

£196 for the 2TB 660p on Amazon. Not the fastest by any means but fast enough for my needs I reckon. Was hoping a SATA M.2 drive in a 2TB would be cheapest but haven't really found anything.

That's a good price then considering the cheapest I could find was a SATA M.2
    IS QLC nand any good? I don't really keep up to date on the ins and outs anymore.

IS QLC nand any good? I don't really keep up to date on the ins and outs anymore.

Not sure on the merits of QLC nand, it's definitely budget nand and performance seems to show that but it's plenty fast for my usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not sure on the merits of QLC nand, it's definitely budget nand and performance seems to show that but it's plenty fast for my usage.

For daily usage, QLC is grand.
    Just don't use it for a production machine (i.e. anything moving 50Gb files around daily).

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    For daily usage, QLC is grand.
    Just don't use it for a production machine (i.e. anything moving 50Gb files around daily).

My thoughts exactly, this is purely a gaming(most likely VR only) build.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

deceit wrote: »

Great stuff thanks. I have the 1TB SX8200 Pro in my main PC, might stretch to the 2TB variant.

Advertisement