Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Boarding Kennels/ Pet sitter in own home

Options
  • 30-09-2019 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi all
    I am looking for some help i am heading away for 14 days on a trip and want to gave my dog looked after but i am wary of boarding kennels as my dog is a sensitive dog and really likes his home comforts and the company of people. But at the moment i am running out of options so i am open to recommendations of boarding kennels or better still a pet sitter in their own home that would not have any other animals ideally. also to add he is raw meat fed and i am sure some kennels will not touch him as a result

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Hi all
    I am looking for some help i am heading away for 14 days on a trip and want to gave my dog looked after but i am wary of boarding kennels as my dog is a sensitive dog and really likes his home comforts and the company of people. But at the moment i am running out of options so i am open to recommendations of boarding kennels or better still a pet sitter in their own home that would not have any other animals ideally. also to add he is raw meat fed and i am sure some kennels will not touch him as a result

Thanks for any help
    Try hedgegrow in killeagh,my folks use them and are happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

14 days housing in kennels will be quite expensive.
    A kennel swap arrangement would be ideal if you could get linked up.
    What I mean by this is:
    You find someone with a dog to mind your dog while you are away.
    Then you reciprocate by minding their dog while they are away.
    Maybe this or similar thread could introduce dog owners that have similar needs and work out an agreeable arrangement??
    Your dog would probably get better care too!

Just an idea ....

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Check out Creedons Dog Hotel, dogs have their own bedrooms instead of kennels and it's particularly great if your dog is friendly with other dogs because he can go to their doggy day care sessions during the day. I know that my dog is exhausted and happy after a day of playing with loads of other dogs so I don't worry about him spending the evening alone in his room after that. They also send photos and videos so you can see how he's doing.

I don't know about the raw food, that might be a problem but you could ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Check out housemydog and Pawshake. One of my dogs doesn't get on with other dogs so my choose is limited as the sitter can't have their own dog. Have used people for dog walking off it and worked out well.
    I know someone who has used one of the families on housemydog, can pm on the details if you're interested

Advertisement