Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch SNES controllers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Same here and looking at nintendo's twitter account, a lot of people having the exact same problem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its been like that since 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

paulieeye wrote: »
    I get a spinning wheel then I timeout when loading the page??

From the page:
    We're aware that some users are having difficulty ordering the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controllers for Super NES - Nintendo Switch Online, even though they qualify for purchase. We're looking into it and apologise for any inconvenience.

£27 + £13.40 postage is a bit steep. I played the SNES games with the pro-controller and found it a decent enough experience. I only really bothered with Mario World and Zelda. Joe and Mac didn't stand the test of time. Kirby's dream land 3 was a mess compared with what they released on the gameboy and the masterpiece on the NES. Ghouls ’n Ghosts is practically unplayable. Might be worth it if you could connect it to an emulator on the PC and play more games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I ordered successfully shortly after it went online from the German store. €29.99 + €3.99 delivery with a delivery date between Oct. 02 - Oct. 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

jester77 wrote: »
    I ordered successfully shortly after it went online from the German store. €29.99 + €3.99 delivery with a delivery date between Oct. 02 - Oct. 11

Did you deliver to Germany? The German site shows delivery to Ireland as €14,99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

antix80 wrote: »
    Did you deliver to Germany? The German site shows delivery to Ireland as €14,99

Yip, living here. €14,99 sounds a bit mad though

What the **** is it with Nintendo and being totally unable to figure out just how the internet works? They're saying the controllers are not sold out but for three hours, hardly anyone's been able to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Tempted by the 8bitdo version works out about €30 delivered from Amazon, meant to be very high quality stuff

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07GKGGHP1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_c_0tMKDbAH745XF

sugarman wrote: »
    Tempted by the 8bitdo version works out about €30 delivered from Amazon, meant to be very high quality stuff

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07GKGGHP1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_c_0tMKDbAH745XF

They're top notch, you can get one for about €20 delivered from AliExpress if you don't mind the wait.

I find the wait from AliExpress and Wish is very bad these days, used to get AliExpress stuff within 2 weeks... It's presumably because of the protests/unrest in Hong Kong

sugarman wrote: »
    I find the wait from AliExpress and Wish is very bad these days, used to get AliExpress stuff within 2 weeks... It's presumably because of the protests/unrest in Hong Kong

Depends on the seller and what postage option you use. They're not all China based. It's like saying I find the postage bad from eBay when there are millions of sellers on both.

Yeah but AliExpress is predominantly China, let's be fair, and realistically no delay is going to stop me buying from them lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Managed to get an order through for the SNES controllers there. The 'Add to Cart' button appeared after the spinning wheel stopped and purchased one. Might be worth a try for anybody else around now.

Yeah I managed to get to the shipping page where I say they wanted €17 to deliver it, and then the website timed out. Think I'll just order and 8BitDo.

Advertisement