Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large transfer to solicitor when out of the country

Options
  • 30-09-2019 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I won't be able to visit a branch in Ireland so I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer a >40k from my account to a solicitor? I could use SEPA with 365 online but want it done in one transfer.

Is there to verify authorise BOI to do transfer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

I won't be able to visit a branch in Ireland so I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer a >40k from my account to a solicitor? I could use SEPA with 365 online but want it done in one transfer.

Hi heisenberg123,

thanks for getting in touch with us here today. If the transaction amount exceeds the online limit the payment will need to be completed in a Bank of Ireland branch. If you are not in a position to visit the branch it would be necessary to send a written instruction to your account holding branch with as much information as possible, including your full name, contact details, the account you wish to transfer from and the account you wish to transfer to.

Alternatively the payment can be made in two separate transfers on Banking 365 of €20,000 if the activation code to activate the payee is received by post.

I hope this information helps and please feel free to get back in touch with us here if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I think N26 have the largest daily transfer cap of current account offerings in the Irish market of 50k. 

If you have to do it in 1 transfer, and the transfer is below 50k, then you could transfer from BoI in 2 tranches to N26 and then onwards to the solicitor. 

Advertisement