Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Boris Johnson a Sex Pest ?

Options
  • 30-09-2019 7:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭

I have heard a lot of rumours about Boris Johnson's private life. He is supposed to have an illustrious history of many extra marital affairs and general womanising.

In the past couple of days it has emerged that Charlotte Edwards has accused him of groping her thigh at a meal 20 years ago.

Without trying to undermine or belittle her accusation, how long should it be allowed for someone to accuse a sexual perpetrator of interfering with them? In particular, I would hope people focus on the severity of the accusation and the timing of it. In this instance I find it difficult to accept that Charlotte Edwards has waited for 20 years to come out with the allegation, why now after 20 years?

Is it disrespectful to other victims of sexual molestation that she has come out now to accuse him of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

its the new slur they all use. The right are the only side who truly abhore sex offenders and thus if you can smear their candidates you can unseat some votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I have heard a lot of rumours about Boris Johnson's private life. He is supposed to have an illustrious history of many extra marital affairs and general womanising.

In the past couple of days it has emerged that Charlotte Edwards has accused him of groping her thigh at a meal 20 years ago.

Without trying to undermine or belittle her accusation, how long should it be allowed for someone to accuse a sexual perpetrator of interfering with them? In particular, I would hope people focus on the severity of the accusation and the timing of it. In this instance I find it difficult to accept that Charlotte Edwards has waited for 20 years to come out with the allegation, why now after 20 years?

Is it disrespectful to other victims of sexual molestation that she has come out now to accuse him of this?

No, is the straight up answer to that one IMO. I just don’t see how the length of time that has passed should bear any relation to the credibility of a persons allegations against someone. I’m speaking in the context of the circumstances being in any case - there should be no statute of limitations on alleged sexual offences. 20 years isn’t actually actually unusual in alleged victims making allegations of a sexual nature against an alleged perpetrator or perpetrators.

As for the circumstances here, well, I’d be surprised if there weren’t rumours of impropriety and mud slinging directed at a high profile target tbh. However in order for those rumours and allegations to have any substance, credible and supporting evidence is required before attempting to ruin an innocent persons reputation in a Court of Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The right are the only side who truly abhore sex offenders.
    What an absurd statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

its the new slur they all use. The right are the only side who truly abhore sex offenders and thus if you can smear their candidates you can unseat some votes.

Tbh Eric I don’t think either left or right, conservative, liberal or progressive, can claim the moral high ground on that score :pac:

Nothing new about it either in fairness, alleging sexual impropriety against the opposition is as old as human history itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Its believable ...he has no conscience ...he conspired to have a man beaten up. He's a sociopath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I'd believe it. The power seems to get him women because its definitely not in the looks department. The hack of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Go outside for a walk or maybe camping in the mountains for the weekend. Leave all your devices at home. The break will do you good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Wouldn't surprise me at all. In a similar vein was just thinking about misconduct allegations against Al Franken, seems he has a new one made on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Shocking stuff

Man allegedly touched woman's leg 20 years ago

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Gatling wrote: »
    Shocking stuff

Man allegedly touched woman's leg 20 years ago

This.

20 years ago.

If it was do outrageous then why wait 20 years.

Not saying it's right or didn't happen, just extremely timely...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I’d say the poxbottle would get up on the crack of a plate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Steve wrote: »
    This.

20 years ago.

If it was do outrageous then why wait 20 years.

Not saying it's right or didn't happen, just extremely timely...

I must admit I find the timing of her accusation most odd. Particularly given the context of her allegation.

Why did she wait so long to come out with this?

Is it a severe sexual assault, does her apparent lax attitude to it undermine or devalue its' depravity in a modern context?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

He has a very punchable face.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I dunno about sex pest, but the fact that no one seems to know if he has 5 or 6 kids is fairly damning he is a total tart

He made the most important speech at the UN last week..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

In fairness, any lad chatting a bird up and putting his hand on her back or something will be called sex pests in the future.

Looking at a birds arse will probably be the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

does her apparent lax attitude to it undermine or devalue its' depravity in a modern context?

Can you even consider it in a 'modern' context?

20 years ago if was a moral and criminal offence to be gay. Should all people who were gay 20 years ago be now subject to trial by social media?

What was acceptable back then, is just as valid as what was unacceptable. It is history though and good riddance.

Again, I'm not defending the person, just arguing the point.

20 years ago if was a moral and criminal offence to be gay. Should all people who were gay 20 years ago be now subject to trial by social media?

What was acceptable back then, is just as valid as what was unacceptable. It is history though and good riddance.

Not so, homosexuality was decriminalised in Ireland in 1993, as far as I am aware. Effectively since a European court ruling in 1988? Albeit I understand the point you are trying to make insofar as 20 years is a long time in generally accepted sexual practices. GASP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

At least he didn't have sex with a pig. I don't know a leg squeeze, mildly creepy. Not really a sex pest.

Not so, homosexuality was decriminalised in Ireland in 1993, as far as I am aware. Effectively since a European court ruling in 1988? Albeit I understand the point you are trying to make insofar as 20 years is a long time in generally accepted sexual practices. GASP.

I'll stand corrected on that one .

The older you get, the less 20 years means in terms of memory..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If that's sexual assault, lock me up.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    If that's sexual assault, lock me up.

He was in a position of authority at the time she is alleging, they both worked for the same newspaper and he technically was abusing his position as a superior employee, if she can prove it. It is most certainly sexual harassment, at the very least.

He was in a position of authority at the time she is alleging, they both worked for the same newspaper and he technically was abusing his position as a superior employee, if she can prove it. It is most certainly sexual harassment, at the very least.
    Possibly statute barred at this point, not familiar with British law though..

He doesn't seem to have any trouble attracting women so I'd say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Header-2721534-16-9-1024x576.jpg

He loves to grab a feel

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭moonage

She's clearly a remoaner. They're getting very deperate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Suzanne Moore gave him a good title, knowing his personal history, a fellow journalist, Borisconi.

moonage wrote: »
    She's clearly a remoaner. They're getting very deperate now.

Do you suffer from a lisp or are you too lazy to use spell check ?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭moonage

Is it a severe sexual assault, does her apparent lax attitude to it undermine or devalue its' depravity in a modern context?

Very shoddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Was it alright to grope women in 1999 yeah? Don't remember it being a massive thing myself, at least not to right-thinking people.

Advertisement