Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Boris Johnson a Sex Pest ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

osarusan wrote: »
    What an absurd statement.

It's as if clerical sex abuse never happened.

And anyway, Boris is neither right nor left. Boris is Boris. He's whatever he wants people to think he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

FTA69 wrote: »
    Was it alright to grope women in 1999 yeah? Don't remember it being a massive thing myself, at least not to right-thinking people.

I often wonder how these people who minimise groping would feel if I groped their significant others or, in the case of incels, their mothers.

Would they sit there like a cuck and congratulate me or would they throw some flailey armed tantrum in my general direction? It's one thing to share some abstract sh!te online but the real world is a bit different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

I often wonder how these people who minimise groping would feel if I groped their significant others or, in the case of incels, their mothers.

Would they sit there like a cuck and congratulate me or would they throw some flailey armed tantrum in my general direction? It's one thing to share some abstract sh!te online but the real world is a bit different.

"cuck...incels".Go back to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I don't care if it's true . It was 20 years ago and it was the most minor of indiscretions (if true) .
    Not my concern nor anybody else's really if somebody did a ham-fisted come-on over a boozy lunch. 20 ****ing years ago.

It's telling - that the other woman who was rumoured to present has denied it ever happened.

sounds like porkpies to me - just a smear campaign.

why, now? cos the tories are ahead of the others in the polls , boris is the most popular leader with the proles - throw in the support for the Brexit party and you have a majority come the next General Election which needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Joe Biden and now Justin Trudeau both on video or film groping... Nothing said. #MeToo has turned into a load of sh1te to discredit people you disagree with. Disgusting on several levels, and a betrayal of real victims.

And Epstein ran an underage sex ring and NO ONE CARES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It depends on the context...if it was done in a "jolly good show..now how are you today" type of thing or a "mmmmmm....you smell nice and I like that blouse on you..especially as it fits nice and snug around the chests" way.
    It's hardly a sexual assault though ffs. I remember when i was about 14; I was in a relation' s house and an old visiting farmer had a grip of my thigh for a minute or two as he asked me how I was keeping. I was dead innocent in those days...I was in a room full of people but I had shorts on remember feeling dreadfully uncomfortable but that was bare skin and I didn't feel it was innocently done. I still wouldn't dream of complaining about it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Groped? Her thigh? Are we supposed to mouth horror now at this ''Sexual assault''? The worst things about social discourse these stupid hysterical days is the mindless lack of nuance, moronic moral equivalence and absence of realisation of the weight of things. One is somehow supposed to start shrieking and gasping equally over a groped thigh as over actual reprehensible sexual assault. The absurd things real rape victims have had to listen to headline seekers emote over these past years.
    Twenty years ago? Has she been scarred for life? The poor fcuking eegit, Why did she not stab his flabby thigh right back with the silver fish fork.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Has Ms Edwards gone to the police or has she just gone to the press?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Zorya wrote: »
    Groped? Her thigh? Are we supposed to mouth horror now at this ''Sexual assault''? The worst things about social discourse these stupid hysterical days is the mindless lack of nuance, moronic moral equivalence and absence of realisation of the weight of things. One is somehow supposed to start shrieking and gasping equally over a groped thigh as over actual reprehensible sexual assault. The absurd things real rape victims have had to listen to headline seekers emote over these past years.
    Twenty years ago? Has she been scarred for life? The poor fcuking eegit, Why did she not stab his flabby thigh right back with the silver fish fork.

Because most people are not Chuck Norris. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

Gatling wrote: »
    Shocking stuff

Man allegedly touched woman's leg 20 years ago

It's an interesting aspect. I guess men find women's legs sexual, so is touching a woman's leg sexual assault in the same vein of touching a woman's boobs, butt or genitalia?

But then, what about a woman touching a man's hands, biceps, chest, or knee? Is that then sexual assault and, if it is, then most women are sexual assaultists :P

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Because most people are not Chuck Norris. :rolleyes:

Hallo Son. :) I would have stabbed the silly simp with a cocktail stick at least, there's only so much flinching one can be expected to tolerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

its the new slur they all use. The right are the only side who truly abhore sex offenders and thus if you can smear their candidates you can unseat some votes.

Can we just change the topic title to discuss this absolute doozy of a statement instead?

Please, please, please back this one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

I'd tell them to wait two decades, until you're leader of the country and even then only at the crunch time of your premiership, to come out and tell us about it. It's the only sensible thing to do.

They might feel tempted when you're an MP. Nah. Then when you're mayor of the capital city but nah. Wait until you're a big player in a massive national referendum. Nah. When you're in the leadership race for your party. Nah. Just wait...

Hallo Son. :) I would have stabbed the silly simp with a cocktail stick at least, there's only so much flinching one can be expected to tolerate.

I'm sure you would.

Would be unlikely to happen though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    He was in a position of authority at the time she is alleging, they both worked for the same newspaper and he technically was abusing his position as a superior employee, if she can prove it. It is most certainly sexual harassment, at the very least.

Is this gonna be another one of those Weinstein things? Where a woman happily engages in something to advance their own career and then 20 years later says it was sexual assault when they've established their career?

These women could say no, they just chose not to because they wanted to further their career.

I'm sure you would.

Would be unlikely to happen though.

What would be unlikely? For me to have a groped thigh or a stabby cocktail stick? :)

What would be unlikely? For me to have a groped thigh or a stabby cocktail stick? :)

For you to be in the company of Bojo at all.

Also "stabby cocktail stick", is that what he calls it?

For you to be in the company of Bojo at all.

Also "stabby cocktail stick", is that what he calls it?

In the days of long ago I had an odd life and have been in the company of people far more powerful and far more wicked than Mr Johnson, who is a mere 2 bit oaf compared to some. And when groped, as happens or at least happened regularly enough to young ladies in certain circles of bloated gents, I found my sharp tongue and natural disdain to be an adequate weapon. Then again I was never playing a game with these types, or looking for advancement. Unlike many who blatantly were. No one waits 20 years to authentically come out mourning a groped thigh. The silly lady. To let herself be used ..... again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,531 ✭✭✭✭Water John

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mary-lou-mcdonald-boris-johnson-needs-to-give-himself-a-good-shake-over-border-proposals-954135.html

Mary Lou suggests that Boris should 'give himself a good shake'.
    Might be the remedy for both his personal issues and Brexit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Steve wrote: »
    This.

20 years ago.

If it was do outrageous then why wait 20 years.

Not saying it's right or didn't happen, just extremely timely...

Exactly. It's not like there havent been plenty of opportunities to kick Boris when down over the past 20 years. He's made mistakes and errors the whole time. This is nothing more than a political smear in my opinion given the timing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

lleti wrote: »
    Is this gonna be another one of those Weinstein things? Where a woman happily engages in something to advance their own career and then 20 years later says it was sexual assault when they've established their career?

These women could say no, they just chose not to because they wanted to further their career.

The Harvey Weinstein issue is interesting as, apparently, he was trading less on hard currency and more on favours. He was also moving out of the business, patenting his work and looking to retire.

And, perhaps, there may be politics involved as he was involved with the dems at the time. (Obama's daughter was an intern at his company. )

In the days of long ago I had an odd life and have been in the company of people far more powerful and far more wicked than Mr Johnson, who is a mere 2 bit oaf compared to some.

Far More powerful than the Prime Minister of Britain?

Sure.

Fiction forum =============>

:pac:

Far More powerful than the Prime Minister of Britain?

Sure.

Fiction forum =============>

:pac:

Yes. Poor Boggles. Boggled.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

No, is the straight up answer to that one IMO. I just don’t see how the length of time that has passed should bear any relation to the credibility of a persons allegations against someone. I’m speaking in the context of the circumstances being in any case - there should be no statute of limitations on alleged sexual offences. 20 years isn’t actually actually unusual in alleged victims making allegations of a sexual nature against an alleged perpetrator or perpetrators.

As for the circumstances here, well, I’d be surprised if there weren’t rumours of impropriety and mud slinging directed at a high profile target tbh. However in order for those rumours and allegations to have any substance, credible and supporting evidence is required before attempting to ruin an innocent persons reputation in a Court of Law.

There should be a statute of limitations for a leg feel

Yes. Poor Boggles. Boggled.

Sure go on then.

Name 3 far more powerful people than the Prime Minister of Britain who you were in company with who were also far more wicked as you say?

Let me get a pen.

Sure go on then.

Name 3 far more powerful people than the Prime Minister of Britain who you were in company with who were also far more wicked as you say?

Let me get a pen.

No. It is an anonymous forum.

No. It is an anonymous forum.

I don't think anyone will identify you from a fairy tale. ;)

I don't think anyone will identify you from a fairy tale. ;)

I don't care what you believe about me, I know what I say is true. You have such an unpleasant manner about you on this forum, Boggles. Supercilious and unremittingly snide. You never make interesting points or arguments worth pondering, you always just sneer. Hopefully it is not your real life persona.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

There should be a statute of limitations for a leg feel

Ash sorry, I should have clarified I was only referring to this question posed by the OP -

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Is it disrespectful to other victims of sexual molestation that she has come out now to accuse him of this?

I don’t see how they are in any way related how this woman feels about her legs being groped and what anyone else does or doesn’t feel about whatever happens or has happened to them, and any limitations on when a person should be able to come forward and make a complaint.

The circumstances where a journalist is accusing the Prime Minister of groping her leg 20 years earlier don’t come as a surprise to me personally whatsoever. I don’t feel she has no right to come forward and make a complaint about what she claims BJ has done, and by that same token BJ has no case to answer for unless it’s before a Court of Law. Otherwise, it just looks like a poor attempt to damage his reputation and I don’t take it seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Ash sorry, I should have clarified I was only referring to this question posed by the OP -

I don’t see how they are in any way related how this woman feels about her legs being groped and what anyone else does or doesn’t feel about whatever happens or has happened to them, and any limitations on when a person should be able to come forward and make a complaint.

The circumstances where a journalist is accusing the Prime Minister of groping her leg 20 years earlier don’t come as a surprise to me personally whatsoever. I don’t feel she has no right to come forward and make a complaint about what she claims BJ has done, and by that same token BJ has no case to answer for unless it’s before a Court of Law. Otherwise, it just looks like a poor attempt to damage his reputation and I don’t take it seriously.

I have to agree, it seems blatant enough. The concept of it almost becoming innocuous after 20 years is another matter, although it definitely warrants reflection , especially when the circumstances of the allegation and the timing of the allegation is considered.

Is it unfair to say that Charlotte Edwardes is trying to promote herself with the allegation? If so this relates directly to my original point insofar as surely it might compromise the prevalent attitudes towards people who don't complain or stay quiet after years? At what point does it become irrelevant to make a complaint or allegation?

Advertisement