Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Boris Johnson a Sex Pest ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Zorya wrote: »
    I don't care what you believe about me, I know what I say is true. You have such an unpleasant manner about you on this forum, Boggles. Supercilious and unremittingly snide. You never make interesting points or arguments worth pondering, you always just sneer. Hopefully it is not your real life persona.

I guess I just haven't lived your life of meeting with very important very unpleasant world leaders.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Boggles wrote: »
    I guess I just haven't lived your life of meeting with very important very unpleasant world leaders.

;)

Boris is not that important. He is not even elected. He is a temporary leader. Will come and go. Random examples of people more important are leaders of larger countries, leaders of larger federations of countries, especially those who are unelected, leaders or heads of global banks, massive monopolising global corporations, media bodies that influence global situations, influential think tanks, UN presidents, lobby bodies with massive financial clout like armaments producers, oil big wigs, dictators of large countries who have no answerability to an electorate. Jeez, it's not that hard to think of a great many people more important and more powerful than Boris Johnson.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I have to agree, it seems blatant enough. The concept of it almost becoming innocuous after 20 years is another matter, although it definitely warrants reflection , especially when the circumstances of the allegation and the timing of the allegation is considered.

IMO it doesn’t warrant any reflection or consideration whatsoever. The media are making a meal of it precisely because of the current political and social climate. People have the choice either to take it seriously or not, and as it happens - I don’t. Attempting to elevate the gravity of what she is accusing Boris of doing is only a poor reflection on her IMO. I don’t view her as representative of victims of sexual assault. I think that’s maybe where you were coming from or what you were asking?

Is she doing a disservice to victims of sexual assault? Nah, at best she’s just making an eejit of herself IMO.

Is it unfair to say that Charlotte Edwardes is trying to promote herself with the allegation? If so this relates directly to my original point insofar as surely it might compromise the prevalent attitudes towards people who don't complain or stay quiet after years? At what point does it become irrelevant to make a complaint or allegation?

No I don’t think that’s unfair as that appears to be precisely what she’s doing. Her behaviour isn’t a reflection on anyone else’s circumstances though. I think it would be unfair to anyone else who has been the victim of sexual assault to view this woman’s complaint as representative of anyone else’s circumstances.

It never becomes irrelevant to make a complaint or allegation, just like the response to a complaint or allegation is never irrelevant - we could choose either blow it out of all proportion, or we could simply ignore it. In this particular circumstances I’m happy enough to ignore the media’s attempts to blow it out of all proportion.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

i cant get amazon to take back an item i bought last week without my name, cc number, reference, password and home address.

just sayin.

accusations are free anyway, if youre a woman you might as well.
    might hit the jackpot.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

20Wheel wrote: »

accusations are free anyway, if youre a woman you might as well.
    might hit the jackpot.

So is copping a feel ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

lleti wrote: »
    Is this gonna be another one of those Weinstein things? Where a woman happily engages in something to advance their own career and then 20 years later says it was sexual assault when they've established their career?

These women could say no, they just chose not to because they wanted to further their career.

What, all of them? Even the ones whose careers went down the toilet because they refused to copulate with the fat, ugly creep?

Or is this just one of those all women are gold-digging whores posts that always find their way into threads like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Zorya wrote: »
    Boris is not that important. He is not even elected. He is a temporary leader. Will come and go. Random examples of people more important are leaders of larger countries, leaders of larger federations of countries, especially those who are unelected, leaders or heads of global banks, massive monopolising global corporations, media bodies that influence global situations, influential think tanks, UN presidents, lobby bodies with massive financial clout like armaments producers, oil big wigs, dictators of large countries who have no answerability to an electorate. Jeez, it's not that hard to think of a great many people more important and more powerful than Boris Johnson.

Yeah, none of them are far more important than the leader of Britain.

Whether elected or not is moot.

But to give an example of his "power", you just have to look at the absolute carnage he is trying to inflict on the worlds 5th largest economy largely by playing out of the authoritarian handbook.

D-.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Water John wrote: »
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mary-lou-mcdonald-boris-johnson-needs-to-give-himself-a-good-shake-over-border-proposals-954135.html

Mary Lou suggests that Boris should 'give himself a good shake'.
    Might be the remedy for both his personal issues and Brexit.

Thats encouraging self harm - awful sentence from Mary Lou McD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I don't really believe he is sex pest but he strikes me as the type of man that gets a bit silly when he gets attention from women. I was watching one of the Commons debates recently, and one attractive woman in her late 40s complimented him and he went all gooey-eyed thanking her. Reminded me of a plain looking lad getting all of his 21st kisses. I felt that they probably screwed at one time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Lux23 wrote: »
    I don't really believe he is sex pest but he strikes me as the type of man that gets a bit silly when he gets attention from women. I was watching one of the Commons debates recently, and one attractive woman in her late 40s complimented him and he went all gooey-eyed thanking her. Reminded me of a plain looking lad getting all of his 21st kisses. I felt that they probably screwed at one time.

He is not shy enough to have more children than fingers....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I have heard a lot of rumours about Boris Johnson's private life. He is supposed to have an illustrious history of many extra marital affairs and general womanising.

In the past couple of days it has emerged that Charlotte Edwards has accused him of groping her thigh at a meal 20 years ago.

Without trying to undermine or belittle her accusation, how long should it be allowed for someone to accuse a sexual perpetrator of interfering with them? In particular, I would hope people focus on the severity of the accusation and the timing of it. In this instance I find it difficult to accept that Charlotte Edwards has waited for 20 years to come out with the allegation, why now after 20 years?

Is it disrespectful to other victims of sexual molestation that she has come out now to accuse him of this?

In the olden days we used to call them studs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

He is not shy enough to have more children than fingers....

It's not shyness, it's silliness.

It's not shyness, it's silliness.

Understood, then he certainly is not silly enough either. Faux charm multiplier in serious effect I would say. Renowned womaniser, the cheeky grins are pure smoke screen by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I often wonder how these people who minimise groping would feel if I groped their significant others or, in the case of incels, their mothers.

Would they sit there like a cuck and congratulate me or would they throw some flailey armed tantrum in my general direction? It's one thing to share some abstract sh!te online but the real world is a bit different.

Back in the 90s you get beaten up for not looking at a guys bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

He’s been married twice has had numerous affairs at least 7 kids and is generally a bollox with women. You seem to have the idea that he’s a blushing simpering schoolboy. If only...

He was in a position of authority at the time she is alleging, they both worked for the same newspaper and he technically was abusing his position as a superior employee, if she can prove it. It is most certainly sexual harassment, at the very least.

20 years later?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

If Boris wasn't a wealthy politician he would be an adult virgin like me

splinter65 wrote: »
    20 years later?

There lies the argument, how long is a piece of string?

When does a groping allegation lose its' statute of limitation?

I think it is generally agreed that she is only saying it now to throw mud at his reputation, but does this not devalue the process of uncovering sex pests and inhibit other people from coming forward? That is the point I am trying to debate.

There lies the argument, how long is a piece of string?

When does a groping allegation lose its' statute of limitation?

I think it is generally agreed that she is only saying it now to throw mud at his reputation, but does this not devalue the process of uncovering sex pests and inhibit other people from coming forward? That is the point I am trying to debate.

“Do you see (insert famous person)?”
    “Yeah”
    “He squeezed my thigh under the table during a dinner in 1999”
    “Hahahahaha the randy bastard!!”
    “Do you not think he should be forced to resign!?”
    “ Would you ever cop on! Hahahahah!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

If Boris wasn't a wealthy politician he would be an adult virgin like me

Nah, he's a charming man and has a certain thing going on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement