Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College Fees - legal obligation of both parents??

• 01-10-2019 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi! my daughter will be in college next year, and my son two years later. I can't afford two sets of fees - that's 6k per year. I already work 50 to 60 hrs per week. Maintenance from ex is 900 a month - hasn't changed since 2006 - ex refused to agree with order to index it to inflation. He was also supposed to pay half of educational expenses, and half of any medical costs, but refused to do so from 2011. Some of the medical bills for the children have reached 2 to 2.5k per year - several ongoing medical issues. He is married with 2 younger children. His salary is about 100k. His wife works from home. Has only seen our daughter twice in last 6 years. Has not seen our son at all. No birthday presents. No Christmas presents. Guardianship removed from lack of contact 3 years ago - children did not want him as Guardian if anything happened to me. He never turned up in Court to defend. Long post, sorry! What is the position with college fees - does he still have to pay half. Is it worth going back to Court to ensure that he does do so? Would need to start moving on this for daughter going to college next yearl

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

OP, you've been warned on several previous threads not to seek legal advice here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement