Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administrative Officers 2019 in the Civil Service

• 01-10-2019 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Closing Date: 3pm on Monday 7th October 2019

The Administrative Officer (AO) is the main graduate recruitment grade for the Civil Service and provides successful candidates with the opportunity to progress to middle management. As an AO, you would have a crucial role in policy and strategy formulation across the spectrum of economic, financial, international, environmental and social issues.

On this occasion the Civil Service is recruiting people who possess particular qualifications, skills and competencies in the following areas:

1. General (any academic discipline)
    2. Human Resources
    2. Business/Finance

Please see information booklet for eligibility requirements and how to apply.

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=108217&campaignId=19206106

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 maireadv

Such a weird way of applying - literally just have to tick a box and hit submit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clarelnk

it is weird! I have a friend who did it last year and had a very long application form to fill out.
    We just have a tick the box application?? Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maxwell6826

Morning!
    Im just wondering, is this a national campaign or just for positions in Dublin?

Morning!
    Im just wondering, is this a national campaign or just for positions in Dublin?

Just Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

I got a 2.2 in my bachelor's but a 2.1 in my master's, reckon that's enough?

Hat in the ring anyway.

• Advertisement

Nekro Man wrote: »
    I got a 2.2 in my bachelor's but a 2.1 in my master's, reckon that's enough?

Hat in the ring anyway.

I only have a BA and got a 2.2 Should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bonbon109

The quick application process may be to do with the fact that in previous competitions people were spending a lot of time filling out forms and they didn't get to use them because they didn't pass the online tests. I think I read that filling out the form will come after the online test results.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Will there also be a nationwide campaign for AO I wonder? 🀔
    I see currently its Dublin only.

Might phone them to double check!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hopefullawyer

Yeah I'm wondering that too, I'm going to apply anyway but I am interested in more Local Government positions. I've emailed them myself hopefully there will be a campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Yeah I'm wondering that too, I'm going to apply anyway but I am interested in more Local Government positions. I've emailed them myself hopefully there will be a campaign!

Any reply from PAS to your email yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

Online interview ? Seems strange

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

maireadv wrote: »
    I only have a BA and got a 2.2 Should be fine.

I'm pretty sure I read in the requirements its 2:1 and above, maybe double check before you do lots of work, just incase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Cocopup

I thought I read 2:1 or 2:2 . I have a 2:2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is this for new recruits or for people already in the civil service?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Is this for new recruits or for people already in the civil service?

It's for both :)

Cocopup wrote: »
    I thought I read 2:1 or 2:2 . I have a 2:2

Hi, I just had a look there, it's a 1st or 2nd class honours, so I was wrong, apologies if I panicked anyone🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I threw my hat into the ring - at 33 I can swing being a graduate right??
    I finished up a HDip in 2018 and tbh this money is better than what I'm on currently (joys of graduating into the recession)

Am I being silly with my age/experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Zwillinge wrote: »
    I threw my hat into the ring - at 33 I can swing being a graduate right??
    I finished up a HDip in 2018 and tbh this money is better than what I'm on currently (joys of graduating into the recession)

Am I being silly with my age/experience?

I'm 28 and just finshed my bsc again throwing the foot in is never a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I'm 28 and just finshed my bsc again throwing the foot in is never a bad thing.

Am glad to hear it :)

May mean I'm not the only twisted/bitter person who has been destroyed by the working world :pac:

The tests are out today and finished by Monday, so they must be trying to get people sorted for the new year.

May mean I'm not the only twisted/bitter person who has been destroyed by the working world :pac:

The tests are out today and finished by Monday, so they must be trying to get people sorted for the new year.

Ye hoping it's a quick result with the process and I know before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

How many applicant do yas think will apply for this ??

Said results can take upto 12 hours on the weekend still havnt received mine anyone else?

Said results can take upto 12 hours on the weekend still havnt received mine anyone else?

honestly I was expecting a few weeks wait based on previous panels, albiet for different positions.

where did you see the 12 hours? I finished mine yesterday afternoon and no word yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Davio

If you have a Masters Degree, will that suffice instead of a Bachelors Degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TrooperJones

Davio wrote: »
    If you have a Masters Degree, will that suffice instead of a Bachelors Degree?

Yes, this grade is for people who are straight out of college, mature students who are upskilling, or people with academic and professional experience, but maybe not enough "civil service" experience to go for AP yet.

TLDR, you qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TrooperJones

There are AOs in my department who are in their early 20s, and AOs who are in their mid 40s. As long as you have a degree and meet the other criteria, you qualify for the grade.

This competition is run at pretty much the same time every year, and they usually post people early in the new year, after Departments and sections have received their budgets and know how they want to grow/develop their business areas.

Nekro Man wrote: »
    honestly I was expecting a few weeks wait based on previous panels, albiet for different positions.

where did you see the 12 hours? I finished mine yesterday afternoon and no word yet.

It was somewhere in the message sent with the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 asd1

It was somewhere in the message sent with the tests.

The 12 relates to the help desk response time if you have a query.

asd1 wrote: »
    The 12 relates to the help desk response time if you have a query.

that's what I thought. It'd be great to get results within 24 hours but unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 lukiluc

Well that was a disaster. No idea what the 'deductive reasoning' test was about. Perhaps I didn't read instructions properly, hope some of you out there understood what they were trying to test...

Advertisement