Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many of your grandparents are still alive?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

All have passed away now - all mid to late 70s. The last being my paternal grandfather who died about 15 years ago. Always regret not spending more time with him. I hadn't seen him in a year before he died between summers away and weekends on the beer as an undergraduate.

I was closest to my maternal grandfather of all my grandparents and still think about him a lot even though he passed away 25 years ago. Have lots of his possessions still which I treasure.

I actually remember my great grandmother on my father's side who lived to a fine age. My abiding memory being she was tiny next to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have all 4 of mine, 3 in reasonably good health

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I have 3 left, all in their mid/late 80s and no contact to them since one has dementia and 2 are horrible people.
    And me living 2000km away might be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭TimeUp

Gael23 wrote: »
    I have all 4 of mine, 3 in reasonably good health

Lucky you! How old are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Two living grandmothers, aged 78 and 81. I'm 35 and my sons are 3.5 and 20 months. My grandfathers died in 1993 (aged 67) and 2015 (aged 77).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Both grandfather dead, one of leukemia in his 50s the other bring a raging alcoholic died in his 70s not sure why.

Both grandmother's in late 70s, don't see either due to odd family circumstance and one being a horrible auld witch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

TimeUp wrote: »
    Lucky you! How old are you?

I’m 28

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭TimeUp

You’re Wayne Rooney, aren’t ya?

No, I'm not. Why that question? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

My two grandmothers aged 87 and 85 are still alive and kicking thank god! Both grandfathers only died in the last few years, one at 88 in 2014 and the other at 89 in 2018.

I’m 33 and I feel incredibly lucky to have had all four of them for as long as I did, to be so close to them and to still have my grannies now.

Advertisement