Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Max width of driveway - Planning permission

• 01-10-2019 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Is there a maximum width you can open your driveway to comply with planning in Sth Co Dublin? I looked at the development plan and cant find anything, I heard that its a max entrance of 3.25m?
    I am going to put in for planning to open the front of the house to get two cars in. I will want the council to do a dropped kerb afterwards so id like it to comply (and get) permission.

I also heard they dont like the entire width of the front to be open, sometimes conditioning a small pedestrian pillar but that was for DCC.

Any advice welcome, cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Is there a maximum width you can open your driveway to comply with planning in Sth Co Dublin? I looked at the development plan and cant find anything, I heard that its a max entrance of 3.25m?
    I am going to put in for planning to open the front of the house to get two cars in. I will want the council to do a dropped kerb afterwards so id like it to comply (and get) permission.

I also heard they dont like the entire width of the front to be open, sometimes conditioning a small pedestrian pillar but that was for DCC.

Any advice welcome, cheers!

just lodged one recently for a client in D24 (SDCC). They conditioned it to max of 3.5m.
    Dublin City max is 3.6m.

Look at other applications for vehicular entrances in your general vicinity and see if they conditioned it back.

Factors can also dictate such as distance to corner, mature trees etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Thanks for that, will do.
    Is the guideline written anywhere?

Retention might be my friend lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Would you get permission to retain it if you build it wider than the guidelines?
    Surely they wold make you reduce it, or remove it altogether.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks for that, will do.

No problem.
    Is the guideline written anywhere?

I'm not so sure about that. DCC have it in their Development Plan, I cant confirm about SDCC.
    Retention might be my friend lol

Not exactly, ive also applied for about 6 Retentions this year alone and every one of them have been granted BUT with a condition to reduce the width back to the max allowed as per the Development Plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

kceire wrote: »
    No problem.

I'm not so sure about that. DCC have it in their Development Plan, I cant confirm about SDCC.

Not exactly, ive also applied for about 6 Retentions this year alone and every one of them have been granted BUT with a condition to reduce the width back to the max allowed as per the Development Plan.

Ive also had conditions put on retentions ive done, in SDCC. Im trying to see where its written though?
    I see it for DCC alright.
    Ill put it in and see what i get back i suppose.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement