Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should we re-introduce wolves to Ireland?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭machaseh

jmayo wrote: »
    Fecking Germans at it again, always with the invading shyte ...

first it is the wolves, next thing you know it's panzers. :p

You see this is why the Brits voted for Brexit.:D

We should BUILD THAT WALL hah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Such a silly idea.

What could possibly go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭pawdee

I'd be all for it. It'd be a howl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Would be disastrous to the wolves on this island. Wolves hunt in a pack and hunt prey that will feed the pack. So foxes won't do and most wolves avoid badgers as they cannot afford a life altering injury. They would be drawn to sheep herds or cattle and end up shot by the farmers. Wolves are considered sacred on my mother's side and I would never support an idea that would decimate them.

The wolves and bears had their time on your island and now it is over. Let sleeping dogs lie as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

We were warned about this 35 years ago FFS! Eamon Ryan was plenty old to remember this.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Cold. Wolves after me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

No.

Look very closely at this wolfs eye's and then tell me if you would think this amazing creature would be happy tied down to a part of one of Irelands small counties. The wolf needs vast expances of land to travel with no human interaction at all.
    Bringing a creature like this back to roam in a tiny area of Ireland and to obviously get shot by many farmers is not a good habitat for them. If you love wolves like I do, then in all honesty I think they should not be intruduced back onto this land, for their own well-being.

Many folk out there might love the idea, but they just see it as a nice addition to the country-side without thinking ahead of the perils the wolf will find itself in regarding available land to roam.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Reports this morning that our esteemed Taoiseach made a reference he’d be sooner bringing wolves back to Ireland than having sf in govt.

Pretty disappointing he is seeking to drag politics into what is an ecological issue. Wolves SHOULD be reintroduced. No need to do cheap political jibes about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

jmayo wrote: »
    Fecking Germans at it again, always with the invading shyte ...

first it is the wolves, next thing you know it's panzers. :p

You see this is why the Brits voted for Brexit.:D

Adolf is said to be an old German word for wolf...it all fits...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

No.

Look very closely at this wolfs eye's and then tell me if you would think this amazing creature would be happy tied down to a part of one of Irelands small counties.

It's the howling in a Kerry accent I'm having trouble with.

(Although it might be indistinguishable from the native species Healius Rayus)

Advertisement