Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Lorenzo Chat Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I see they are having to play the rugby under a closed roof because of the threat of this so called storm. I will believe there is a storm when I see a tree falling on top of me.

Rugby is on in Japan that's a different storm they're concerned about

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Uilleam an Draoi

Hi All!

Quick question... I've already asked the Gods, but the response wasn't clear enough... need to feed my pig later today, wondering if anyone knows when we expect this hurricane to hit Dublin (South Dub to be precise)...?

That little bastard can wait if it's wet or raining like crazy....even more if I'm going to be transported by air to a different country with those crazy winds...

Thanks to all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Update from Nenagh:

Wind picking up a bit alright - I wouldn't go running in it but it'd be a great day for drying clothes if the rain holds off another bit
    Positivity in the face of extreme adversity! Very Irish! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭endainoz

On a day off so brought the dog for a walk in the Phoenix Park. Nothing unusual at all, typical mid late Autumn day. I predict a non event for Dublin anyway. The media need to lay off the scare mongering on these things or when a real storm comes no one will believe them.

Dublin is only on a yellow, and will quite possibly get downgraded anyway. Why do people keep thinking yellow means bad? The phrase 'non event' is such a pretentious thing to say aswell. I do agree with you on the media point though, the overhype from the tabloids and even RTE is absolutely disgraceful. I wouldn't blame Met Eireann though, even though they will get the blame.

There should be a network of actual non sensationalist weather forecasters like Carlow weather and others that people could follow and trust. Less of the met alert and Dublin live rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I see they are having to play the rugby under a closed roof because of the threat of this so called storm. I will believe there is a storm when I see a tree falling on top of me.

Are you serious?

Do you know where Japan is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Hi All!

Quick question... I've already asked the Gods, but the response wasn't clear enough... need to feed my pig later today, wondering if anyone knows when we expect this hurricane to hit Dublin (South Dub to be precise)...?

That little bastard can wait if it's wet or raining like crazy....even more if I'm going to be transported by air to a different country with those crazy winds...

Who knows, instead of you being transported by air, maybe Pigs will fly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭endainoz

Ah no, that one is too easy to take the bait to.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Somewhere on the north side?

Just commuted from Navan to Dublin. It’s fairly dull out and getting a little bit windy, nothing major. The threat of rain is in the sky.

Commute home at 9pm might not be as pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

On a day off so brought the dog for a walk in the Phoenix Park. Nothing unusual at all, typical mid late Autumn day. I predict a non event for Dublin anyway. The media need to lay off the scare mongering on these things or when a real storm comes no one will believe them.

Dublin wasn’t meant to be affected much anyway. That was predicted a few days ago. This was/is a west coast event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Hi All!

Upright Pig needs to have a chat with Upright Cow, she can share tips on how to plant those 4 corners to stablize.
    If Upright Pig is able to stay upright, you need to get out there and feed, otherwise Upright Pig will be a Grumpy Pig and eat their way out of their field.

Stay Safe Grumpy Pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

endainoz wrote: »
    Ah no, that one is too easy to take the bait to.
    Nah. It's World Rugby policy to have them closed for the RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Wind is steadily rising in Galway.
    Rain in patches.
    Going to be a bad 24 hours

endainoz wrote: »
    Dublin is only on a yellow, and will quite possibly get downgraded anyway. Why do people keep thinking yellow means bad? The phrase 'non event' is such a pretentious thing to say aswell. I do agree with you on the media point though, the overhype from the tabloids and even RTE is absolutely disgraceful. I wouldn't blame Met Eireann though, even though they will get the blame.

There should be a network of actual non sensationalist weather forecasters like Carlow weather and others that people could follow and trust. Less of the met alert and Dublin live rubbish.

To be fair to ME, they sent out one of their more sensible forecasters this time round, and she did say that the hype from the media needs to calm down as its upsetting for people living alone and needing assistance, causing them undue anxiety.

Fair play on that point.

Still they will get blamed regardless, and it is unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Are you serious?

I thought it was in the Aviva. I’m glad so I didn’t make the effort to head out there and decided to watch it on tv instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

What colour is upright cow?

In the photo I sent white..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

If its barely capable of 100kmh gusts at sea,then it's a dying storm already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Radar not showing rain in cork for the last half hour or so but it’s still very heavy drizzle currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wind is steadily rising in Galway.
    Rain in patches.
    Going to be a bad 24 hours

Getting horrible out here now. Worse in the kitchen where I have been fighting to light the fire, and thankfully easier at the other end, South end. Had forgotten how draining the constant buffeting is.

west mayo offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Surfs up in Dingle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Red Herring methinks. Just overcast in Dublin, No wind or rain here. I hope we get something of note. I am always left dissapointed with weather warnings...sigh.

Wtf ? wrote: »
    Red Herring methinks. Just overcast in Dublin, No wind or rain here. I hope we get something of note. I am always left dissapointed with weather warnings...sigh.

Its not hit Dublin yet and not due to until this evening though....

Graces7 wrote: »
    In the photo I sent white..

She’s pretty.

Navy woolly hats would work well :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WTF, it’s not due to hit until over night in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Has
    I thought it was in the Aviva. I’m glad so I didn’t make the effort to head out there and decided to watch it on tv instead.

You thought the World Cup was on in Ireland? :eek:

Anyway the Aviva has no roof, ( If you have ever been there :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Russia upgraded to yellow warning .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Why do Dublin people ALWAYS do this??? The storm is coming from the Atlantic so yes, it will be stronger on the west cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Why do Dublin people ALWAYS do this??? The storm is coming from the Atlantic so yes, it will be stronger on the west cost.
    But THAT'S NOT FAIR, WE WANT SOME STORM TOO, STOP HOGGING ALL THE FUN WEATHER :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

Because we are Dubliners ?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Loughc wrote: »

WTF, it’s not due to hit until over night in Dublin.
    I’m in south Dublin and it’s lashing rain and really windy

Advertisement