Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Lorenzo Chat Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Untold damage done to future storm warnings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Prime Time was cringeworthy. They wont make that mistake again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Coast guard lad did grand.
    Probably his first time on Telly.
    If I was him I’d have rage vomited live on tv listening to your one blowing sh1te about climate and poor us in Co Clare.
    Typical Green Party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Ah jaysus 50-60 mph winds a few branches down and the odd tree and rte are preparing for the Apocalypse...:rolleyes:

They are hoping tree falls on rte hq and they can claim on the insurance to pay off their deficit.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,202 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

If you didn't buy in to the drama of the build up on this forum?

If you ignored all the crap on social media?

If you laughed at the so called mainstream media over hyping it?

If you actually followed the ME forecasts (as in read them)?

Your day both work and social was not affected anywhere in the country.

ME did feck all wrong. The media and some weather enthusiasts added fuel to a fire that sheep like people embraced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

For Eoghan Murphy this is a welcome distraction from the 10,000 homeless in Dublin. He can reel off this script without having to answer any difficult questions.

RTE are truly shameless.

Of which 2000 are non eu nationals who rocked up illegally looking for a gaff.

Meh,

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭nmacu

I hope that the media realise that this fear mongering is probably causing more harm than this fairly average storm. I'm in Galway and am getting texts from elderly relatives in Dublin that they're praying for us ... FFS ... it's obvious that the RTE newsroom are raging that this didn't go red.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Purple?..........Jaysus mine is green........should I be worried?

Ah you must be a dub ... Dads army gave us the **** ones down whest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

I think Mr.Murphy should be trying to solve the homeless crisis,he is talking ****e right now.

The world and the country do not revolve around the “homeless crisis” 24:7...

nmacu wrote: »
    I hope that the media realise that this fear mongering is probably causing more harm than this fairly average storm. I'm in Galway and am getting texts from elderly relatives in Dublin that they're praying for us ... FFS ... it's obvious that the RTE newsroom are raging that this didn't go red.

RTÉ have committed so much resources to a relative non-event that they're doubling down on their bullsh1t. Cringeworthy isn't the half of it, egg on all their faces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Watching Prine Time, if there ever was a more fitting example of Fake News, completely overhyped this but still going along with the charade

They promised us a storm and come hell or high water (excuse the pun!) they'll bring us one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

nmacu wrote: »

Fcuk it we may aswell just roll with it so at this stage and set up a go fund me account and tap all the east coast for cash.
    #rebuildthewest.
    Send money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I still think Met Eireann are partly to blame. Here's why
    1) Everyone here said Cork wasn't in orange territory. Met Eireann said yes, clearly wrong had to backtrack later.
    2) In general rain wasn't showing as a factor on charts yet Met said we would see heavy rainfall.
    3) The favourite final location of storm 2 days ago is what happened. Yet they saying it changed course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sardonicat wrote: »
    'Stay high'?

Okey dokey.

Yeah man, you won't even know there was a storm. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭obi604

Tom is smoking some weird sh1t. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,690 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Starting to get windy here in Galway. Gusts probably not far off 90kph, and will probably hit 120kph at 2/3am.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

If this is all climate change has to offer I am going back to my 2.3 litre turbo charged diesel Jaguar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,901 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

sugarman wrote: »
    but imagine there was no warning and everyone was going about their business getting caught out.. there would be uproar about no warning! You cant win.

So you reckon they should hype every storm up from now on, just to be play it safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I seen enough rte I think it time to smash the telly:pac:

Fcuk it we may aswell just roll with it so at this stage and set up a go fund me account and tap all the east coast for cash.
    #rebuildthewest.
    Send money.

Lord save us, 'tis needed here in the whest. Potted plant toppled over, sure you'd fit a JCB in the crater it left. Bejaysus, I'm awful shook now.

RTÉ are a bunch of turkeys whose necks should be wrung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

You might want to wait until the 9am storm special tomorrow morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thought it funny yesterday when Evelyn Cusack was on the news and the guy wouldn't let it go that this was to be the worst storm ever and Evelyn was like "I didn't say that, it could be bad but we don't know yet" and he's like hurricane winds, whole towns wiped out. Jaysus
    When I was a kid we never had anything of the kind with these weather reports - it was it's gonna be windy and wet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

sugarman wrote: »
    What fear mongering? Weather changes, its unpredictable to an extent. It wasnt known if it was really going to hit us or not until a few hours ago. Luckly it didnt.

Is it scare mongering when theres hurricane warnings in Florida and they end up not hitting? No. Its public being warned in advanced in case it does.

Obviously a lot less extreme here, but imagine there was no warning and everyone was going about their business getting caught out.. there would be uproar about no warning! You cant win.

You can give out warnings without turning it into an embarrassing sideshow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,901 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Dee Forbes, have a look at all those reporters, news crews, camera men etc sent out tonight around the country to report a non event.

How many hotel rooms are booked now tonight by Rte to put them all up?

And she's asking us for more money for their debts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

macnug wrote: »
    Getting married 1pm of Friday FML

Trying to use a storm to get out of it is a small bit desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Stand your ground Gerry.

Met Eireann do great work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Had to laugh earlier on the news at 5.30, they had a reporter in Salthill and a reporter in Blacksod, fair enough, we were told those areas were going to be worst hit. But they also had to send a reporter to a VERY relatively calm Dublin (Howth?) seafront location, jacket zipped right up to the chin. Do the Dubs get jealous that us Westerners get the most weather attention and throw a strop and demand that they make out theyre having to batten down the hatches for dear life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

I'm actually finding it entertaining now. When they switched to talking about Brexit, I was a bit disappointed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Hooter23

She said "Wnds of 100mph" see people still dont know the diiference between kmph and mph...what a joke of a programme lol :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Watching DMc C in lahinch and the tide gently lapping behind him made me smile

Advertisement