Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty cabin

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Go educate yourself before you comment flippintly. There are much bigger economics involved.

The size is irrelevant, the principles are exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

I suppose to clear the air on some of the rancour, I’d comment that three things are equally true of one another in this situation:

Firstly, people should be decent about cleaning up after themselves as a basic human virtue, but many people are not.

Secondly, the airline is ultimately responsible to ensure that the cabin is in a fresh condition for onboarding pax.

Thirdly, most pax are customers first who searched for their flight largely on the measure of price and the cost of low fares is quick turnarounds and low margins that put it in competition with the second point. And one thing we’ve learned now from decades of smaller seats and degraded service, airline customers chase the cheapest flight above all else.

In this context it would be nice if these same people rounded back on point one and perhaps were a bit more careful of themselves. But that’s not how selfish insular humans work....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I suppose to clear the air on some of the rancour, I’d comment that three things are equally true of one another in this situation:

Firstly, people should be decent about cleaning up after themselves as a basic human virtue, but many people are not.

Secondly, the airline is ultimately responsible to ensure that the cabin is in a fresh condition for onboarding pax.

Thirdly, most pax are customers first who searched for their flight largely on the measure of price and the cost of low fares is quick turnarounds and low margins that put it in competition with the second point. And one thing we’ve learned now from decades of smaller seats and degraded service, airline customers chase the cheapest flight above all else.

In this context it would be nice if these same people rounded back on point one and perhaps were a bit more careful of themselves. But that’s not how selfish insular humans work....

No thats how money grabbing businesses react to selfish insular humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

my3cents wrote: »

Every single time a legacy carrier with full service has faced a low cost carrier in Europe cutting service to the bone in the short haul market, the low cost carrier has won. You have to win the Skyscanner battle to have a business to grab any money in. And people chase by and large the lowest fares and will wear almost any inconvenience to get them. That is the story of the past 25 years of aviation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

The size is irrelevant, the principles are exactly the same.

They are not ! It’s embarrassing your comparing functioning airlines to restaurants and hotels. Christ!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

my3cents wrote: »

In this particular case, the airline based its decision on cleaning(or lack thereof) on passengers surveys and feedback, yes it’s cheap and I don’t agree with it but the business will no longer justify the cost when it’s so low on their passengers list of priorities, maybe it’s hugely important to you and you’ll take your business elsewhere but you’re not the majority and until you are it likely won’t change.
    People need to submit formal complaints so this issue will be registered on the complaints review matrix, that’s the only show in town for changing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

They are not ! It’s embarrassing your comparing functioning airlines to restaurants and hotels. Christ!

Stop being an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Locker10a wrote: »
    In this particular case, the airline based its decision on cleaning(or lack thereof) on passengers surveys and feedback, yes it’s cheap and I don’t agree with it but the business will no longer justify the cost when it’s so low on their passengers list of priorities, maybe it’s hugely important to you and you’ll take your business elsewhere but you’re not the majority and until you are it likely won’t change.
    People need to submit formal complaints so this issue will be registered on the complaints review matrix, that’s the only show in town for changing it.

Would love to see those surveys where customers said cleanliness is not high up on the list of priorities. Although like most surveys and reports, it could depend on the questions asked, and how you present the figures.

Standards at Aer Lingus definitely going to pot if a dirty aircraft is not seen as a problem....and even worse that people here seem to think that's ok. Really says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Why..?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The very nub of the problem here is people.

No rubbish thrown on the ground, left in the seat pocket or left on the seat equals no problem.

Why leave your rubbish for someone else to deal with? Because you are lazy and don't give two shiny sh*ts about anyone else but you.

It's a bit like people throwing their rubbish on the ground and then saying "jesus Dublin is a fierce dirty city".

It's not hard to give your rubbish to the flight attendants during or at the end of the flight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

tototoe wrote: »
    Would love to see those surveys where customers said cleanliness is not high up on the list of priorities. Although like most surveys and reports, it could depend on the questions asked, and how you present the figures.

Standards at Aer Lingus definitely going to pot if a dirty aircraft is not seen as a problem....and even worse that people here seem to think that's ok. Really says it all.

I don’t think it’s ok, but I understand it’s unlikely to change unless they receive enough formal complaints via the complaints form or surveys and/or there’s a change in management in charge of this area of the business (likely now they're shaking up the management) Cabin crew are totally in agreement with the customer here and are not happy with the situation but it’s direction that’s come from well above their pay grade

Advertisement