Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tradfri and Hive

• 01-10-2019 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

I’ve seen people using IKEA Trådfri bulbs and plugs with Philips Hue Hub System.

Any information if Trådfri plugs or bulbs can be used with Hive as opposed to their own brand. All systems Zigbee from what I see.

Long shot but wondered if possible before I buy the Hive products

Difference is cost based especially on the plugs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Any reason for not using WiFi plugs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

ted1 wrote: »
    Any reason for not using WiFi plugs?
    None really apart from having it all on the one Hive app. Haven’t gone the road of Google home speaker.

Mainly for switching lamps on coming into winter and also some GU10 at front door.

All suggestions welcome as so many systems out there. I’ve Hive heating but nothing “smart” beyond that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Don't think there is a way for Hive and Tradfri to work together as yet.

I think you are either looking at sticking with the Hive ecosystem (sensors, bulbs, cameras, sockets all work well) or you could add a Hue system to the mix which can also be controlled through the Hive app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Darando

Cheers, that what I thought myself but was just checking if there was a trick out there!

Advertisement