Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 slim wont boot, wont go into safe mode

Options
  • 01-10-2019 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

I have a ps4 that when turned on will have the blue light and you can hear the fan start but then shuts down after maybe 5 or 6 seconds before it goes to the green light

I've checked all the cables are fine.
    I've checked the hard drive, it is working in another PS4
    I've out a working harddrive into it and have the same issue, I simply can't pinpoint what the problem is

It wont go I to safe mode for me

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hmm,green light?

The strip that lights up when you power the console should be blue when powering and solid white when the system has booted sucessfully.

Im not sure where the green light is coming from.

The below gives a list of different colours the strip can change to and their meanings,it might help diagnose the problem if you cant get a display on the TV:

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS4-Power-Light-Indicator?language=en_US

Only other thing i could think of currently thats not on your list is to try a different HDMI cable,and a different HDMI port on your TV

Advertisement