If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Debut Carbon Sprit

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi lads,

I'm looking at an upgrade to my entry level turntable.
    Would the Project Debut Carbon be a good one, or what else is good around that price?

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200211-project-debut-carbon-esprit-sb-black-turntable.aspx?swapstore=1
    Hi phunkadelic,

That Project Carbon Esprit is fantastic. I actually own the Debut Carbon and it sounds incredible, especially with the 2M Red cartridge and the carbon tonearm. The Esprit has an acrylic platter which dampens resonance even further. Around that price I would say this would be the best choice, although I am biased now that I own one!

Let me know what you think

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Hi lads,

Would the Project Debut Carbon be a good one, or what else is good around that price?

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200211-project-debut-carbon-esprit-sb-black-turntable.aspx?swapstore=1
    Hi phunkadelic,

That Project Carbon Esprit is fantastic. I actually own the Debut Carbon and it sounds incredible, especially with the 2M Red cartridge and the carbon tonearm. The Esprit has an acrylic platter which dampens resonance even further. Around that price I would say this would be the best choice, although I am biased now that I own one!

Kind regards

David
    Sounds good David. What kind of price can you do me including delivery to Dublin? (Just got the onkyo receiver from you last week)
    Or if you cant move on price, can you throw in the 6 yr warranty?

Hi lads,

Hi phunkadelic,

Kind regards

David
    Sounds good David. What kind of price can you do me including delivery to Dublin? (Just got the onkyo receiver from you last week)
    Hi phunkadelic,

The euro price of 489 would be the best I could do as it works out a lot cheaper than the sterling price however it does come with a 6 year guarantee included!

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi lads,

Hi phunkadelic,

Kind regards

David
    Hi phunkadelic,

The euro price of 489 would be the best I could do as it works out a lot cheaper than the sterling price however it does come with a 6 year guarantee included!

Kind regards

David
    Cool David, I'll go for that if it includes delivery

Hi lads,

Hi phunkadelic,

Kind regards

David
    Hi phunkadelic,

Kind regards

David
    Cool David, I'll go for that if it includes delivery

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Phinkadelic.

Yip the Euro pricing includes delivery.

If you are happy to go ahead drop wither myself or David a PM with your contact number and we can give you a call.

Cheers lads, have had the turntable a week now. I'm underwhelmed by it though, sound is quite dull. It doesnt sound any better than my Sony budget tutntable.
    My Onkyo TX8130 has a phone preamp built in, and I'm wondering if that is the issue. Do you mind plugging in the same turntable and receiver combo in your showroom, and testing it?
    I have googled around a bit, and it seems the preamp on the onkyos can be poor.

Cheers lads, have had the turntable a week now. I'm underwhelmed by it though, sound is quite dull. It doesnt sound any better than my Sony budget tutntable.
    My Onkyo TX8130 has a phone preamp built in, and I'm wondering if that is the issue. Do you mind plugging in the same turntable and receiver combo in your showroom, and testing it?
    Hi phunkadelic,

I'm sorry to hear you're not impressed with the Project. Built in phono stages can be a bit lacklustre though and a separate pre amp can lift the sound of the turntable. Unfortunately I don't have the Onkyo on display so I have no way of testing it at the moment!

Kind regards

David

Hi phunkadelic,

I'm sorry to hear you're not impressed with the Project. Built in phono stages can be a bit lacklustre though and a separate pre amp can lift the sound of the turntable. Unfortunately I don't have the Onkyo on display so I have no way of testing it at the moment!

Kind regards

David
    Hi David, I would like to try it but I dont want to pay more for small imporvements. If I was to buy a preamp, is there a way to return it if it doesnt make much difference?

Hi phunkadelic,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David, I would like to try it but I dont want to pay more for small imporvements. If I was to buy a preamp, is there a way to return it if it doesnt make much difference?
    Hi phunkadelic,

If you were to purchase the pre amp you would have 14 days to return it to us if you were unhappy with it! I would recommend something like the Project Phonobox Black.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi David, picked up a Pro-ject preamp 2nd hand and the difference is huge. It seems the built in phono pramp on the onkyo is sub-standard.
    So all good, cheers

Hi David, picked up a Pro-ject preamp 2nd hand and the difference is huge. It seems the built in phono pramp on the onkyo is sub-standard.
    So all good, cheers
    Thanks for the post Phunkadelic! I thought that might be the issue! In built Phono stages are a bit hit or miss. Glad you got sorted though and I hope you're enjoying the new turntable!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.