Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Installation

Options
  • 02-10-2019 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I have got Nest Thermostat installed on the 11th of September 2019 in my house. The place where I wanted to be installed was to replace the programmer in the kitchen. I have spoken to customer representative before I had put order in, they said it's fine.
    I wasn't at work when the technician came in, but I have explained to my wife ( not very technically savvy ) where exactly I want the Thermostat to be installed. I was very surprised when I got home and the Nest was installed in the living room instead and nobody got in touch with me that the technician wanted to install in different place. I spoke to my wife and she said that the technician convinced her to put it in the living room as it won't work in the kitchen. I found this very unfair on her to make decision like this. If only the technician called my on phone I would tell him that I don't want it to be installed there. I know for fact that it was possible to install it in the kitchen to replace the existing programmer but seems like the technician wanted the easiest way for him.

I have reported this issue to electric ireland and opened case for the nest thermostat to be moved to requested location. I have explained the situation and you representative said: yes, we will move it and will get back to you in 2 weeks time to get new date for technician to come.

2 weeks passed and I had to ring customer support every day to get some update. Today I have been told that the nest thermostat isn't broken and its working so if I want someone to come out and move it it will cost me 65 euro. I refused that and the customer support representative told me that he can send an email to his manager but he will probably not get back to me. I found this absolutely shocking.

Can you please organize manager to get in touch with me?

with regards Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Martin,

We are sorry to read it.

Just please private message any of us reps your telephone number and address. If there is an Electric Ireland account for supply, please also confirm the account number and state for GDPR (Data Protection) that you are the account-holder.

We will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Murt1982

Hi Martin,

We are sorry to read it.

Just please private message any of us reps your telephone number and address. If there is an Electric Ireland account for supply, please also confirm the account number and state for GDPR (Data Protection) that you are the account-holder.

We will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Una
    Hi Una, nobody got in touch with me yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Murt1982,

We have sent you a private message.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is the display in the sitting room or the heat link ( white box). You can move the display as it’s just in a plug

Advertisement