Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Voicemail Warning

Options
  • 02-10-2019 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I recently moved from Vodafone to Three PAYG for the All you can eat data. However during my short time I got a few texts from 3Voicemail saying I had a new voicemail and to ring 171353833333171 to get it. Now this was odd because I had no Voicemail setup and I had no missed calls. The first couple of times it happened I ignored it but the next time I thought I'd look into it. It would appear Three charge quite a lot when you ring this number, over 15 cents pm. Just thought I'd give you good people a heads up, nobody rang me and I had no voicemail setup so whats going on, make your own mind up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

When I was with 3 bill pay, I used an app called Hullomail. It's completely free and works with 3. That number seems dodgy looking to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Drakus wrote:
    I recently moved from Vodafone to Three PAYG for the All you can eat data. However during my short time I got a few texts from 3Voicemail saying I had a new voicemail and to ring 171353833333171 to get it. Now this was odd because I had no Voicemail setup and I had no missed calls. The first couple of times it happened I ignored it but the next time I thought I'd look into it. It would appear Three charge quite a lot when you ring this number, over 15 cents pm. Just thought I'd give you good people a heads up, nobody rang me and I had no voicemail setup so whats going on, make your own mind up.

You can ask Three to disable the voicemail function.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

"Warning".... le sigh.

A VM alert from three reads as follows:
    You have 4 new Voicemail(s).
    Call 171 (+353833333171 from abroad) to listen.Keep track of your usage for free on My3 at http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/singleurl

No, its not a scam.

Yes, its the real three number. YES you pay for calls to voicemail on many three plans.

You CAN receive a voicemail without your phone seeing a "missed call" either by the network not being able to reach your phone or the other user intentionally dialling your VM number instead of your normal number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It's been 15c per min for voicemail with Three for a while. Would have been part of the terms that you agreed when signing up.

Usually the first time you ring the voice mail be it the +353833333171 or just 171 number you have to set it up.

Advertisement