If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Ceiling Speakers in wall for Sourrounds

Options
  • 02-10-2019 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Im moving house and currently have a Pair Monitor Audio Bronze floor standers for fronts and a bronze for center. As there is renovations on the new house ill be adding 4 speakers into ceiling for atmos. Im thinking it would be a lot tidier to use the same speaker for side's and rear sorrounds.

Ill be using Monitor Audio Ceiling Speakers 

Has anyone done this before, and in ceiling seem a lot better value than in wall? 

The room size (if that matters is about 13' x 12. (its a converted garage)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

aidankkk wrote: »
    Im moving house and currently have a Pair Monitor Audio Bronze floor standers for fronts and a bronze for center. As there is renovations on the new house ill be adding 4 speakers into ceiling for atmos. Im thinking it would be a lot tidier to use the same speaker for side's and rear sorrounds.

Has anyone done this before, and in ceiling seem a lot better value than in wall? 

Hi Aidankkk.

Thanks for the email.

Have you already purchased your in-ceiling speakers and does your current receiver have the speaker terminals to support the extra 4 Atmos speakers or will you also require a new A/V receiver?

To be honest I've never tried in-ceilings in a wall before. In theory it should work the same as if installed in a ceiling. Although if it was me I'd try and stock with in walls as that's what they are designed for.
    I still have a few of the WT165 that i could offer at a deal of £80 per speaker.
    https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/support/past-products/custom-install/wt165/

Starting point for the in-ceiling would be the Pro 65's at £69 each.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12812-monitor-audio-pro-65-each-in-ceiling-speakers-6-1-2-driver.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Hi Aidankkk.

Thanks for the email.

Have you already purchased your in-ceiling speakers and does your current receiver have the speaker terminals to support the extra 4 Atmos speakers or will you also require a new A/V receiver?

To be honest I've never tried in-ceilings in a wall before. In theory it should work the same as if installed in a ceiling. Although if it was me I'd try and stock with in walls as that's what they are designed for.
    I still have a few of the WT165 that i could offer at a deal of £80 per speaker.

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12812-monitor-audio-pro-65-each-in-ceiling-speakers-6-1-2-driver.aspx

Thanks

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny,

Those in walls are perfect, can you see if you have 4? If so ill take em. They shoudl match well with the Bronze, as they have the same tweeter i think.

Ill get the ceiling speaker close to the time, as ill be needing loads more, for multiroom audio etc.

Ill be getting a new Atmos Reciever one that can do 7.4.1 , but ifs thats too expensive ill go with a 5.4.1  for the moment.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Aidankkk.

Thanks for the email.

Thanks

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny,

Those in walls are perfect, can you see if you have 4? If so ill take em. They shoudl match well with the Bronze, as they have the same tweeter i think.

Ill get the ceiling speaker close to the time, as ill be needing loads more, for multiroom audio etc.

Ill be getting a new Atmos Reciever one that can do 7.4.1 , but ifs thats too expensive ill go with a 5.4.1  for the moment.

Thanks
    Hi Aidankkk,

We do have 4 of these in stock.

If you drop Kenny a PM with your contact number he'll give you a call tomorrow to process that for you.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.