Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop from Company

Options
  • 02-10-2019 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

removed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

DaraDali wrote: »
    Hi All,

If I user a second-hand laptop from work-company and it broke down 10 months after he left,

Would the company be liable to refund/repair or replace it?

Sorry I've read this repeatedly and tried to imagine every conceivable connotation of a logical viewpoint as to what is occuring here but it has defeated me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Sorry I've read this repeatedly and tried to imagine every conceivable connotation of a logical viewpoint as to what is occuring here but it has defeated me.
    Man left job and bought his work laptop from now ex employer as or after he left.

No, the company isn't liable. It was sold as-is, presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

With all second hand goods they are not sold with any warranty unless explicitly part of the terms and conditions of sale. Doesn't stop you from asking from help, but it means they are not obliged to help.

we are assuming you bought it? If it was given to you then you would have a right cheek to ask them to fix it IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

If I understand the OP correctly, he bought his work laptop from his employer. This is not a shop/consumer transaction, and therefore there are no rights to anything. It's effectively a private sale.

That is assuming of course the employer is not something like PC World and the laptop was not being sold as part of the company's normal product range.

Advertisement