Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get the best frozen fruit?

• 02-10-2019 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi all, just got a nutri bullit as a present so juices, smoothies and pestos etc are on the menu this month. Can anyone recommend a good brand of frozen fruit? Or are the lidl ones better then the aldi ones or are the dunnes ones better? Or maybe they're all the same. Anyhow, whats your opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

freeze your own fresh ones ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I have found frozen berries in particular to be quite sour and I had to add extra honey to my smoothies. I've tried different supermarkets. Made me think that they freeze the worst of the crop! I'd much rather use fresh when in season. I don't made smoothies any more now, I just eat fresh fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭tjc28

freeze your own fresh ones ?

I had this exact thought as I walked around the industrial estate where I work on my lunch and could see lots and lots of wild bushes full of rasberries and blackberries. At least that's what they look like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭tjc28

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I have found frozen berries in particular to be quite sour and I had to add extra honey to my smoothies. I've tried different supermarkets. Made me think that they freeze the worst of the crop! I'd much rather use fresh when in season. I don't made smoothies any more now, I just eat fresh fruit.

I eat a lot of fruit and I'm thinking I should really give the juice a go before the Bullit ends up in the press with the rest of the kitchen stuff I never use :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Payton

I use Lidl or Aldi frozen fruit/berries. They are slightly bitter but when I use them in a nutribullet I add a tablespoon of honey it just gives it a more palatable taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

tjc28 wrote: »
    I eat a lot of fruit and I'm thinking I should really give the juice a go before the Bullit ends up in the press with the rest of the kitchen stuff I never use :)

I quite understand. Similarly, I have a juicer, a slow cooker, and a bread maker. I used to make my smoothies in my electric blender, it works just as well. With the juicer I found I made lovely juices, and then I ate the leftover orange flesh left on the skins. Gave up juicing after that! :) By the way, my cold pear juice went brown so isn't very attractive, but the juice is just divine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭greasepalm

By any chance are you near ROBBIES GREENGROCER AND FOOD STORE and if so well worth dropping in and you will be back for more.

3, Drummartin Road, Goatstown
    Dublin, Ireland 14

They are only there a short time and he had no idea he was going to be 4 times busier and shop is expanding 2 more times.
    All his suppliers rate him as number 1 for the amount of food he goes through.

Advertisement