Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty cooker

Options
  • 02-10-2019 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

I had a gas cooker delivered on 23rd August, used for the first time on Monday, no issues. Yesterday, the oven cuts out after 10 minutes and continues to do so on each use.
    Went back to the shop and they gave me a number to call (the manufacter as it turned out).
    90 mins on hold without an answer, went back to the shop and was told I have to deal with the manufacturer 'help line' as its outside the 30 days.
    Am I being fobbed off? I thought my contract is with the shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Were you advised at the time of purchase you only had 30 days and after that you had to deal with the manufacturer?

It seems very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Bojill wrote: »
    I had a gas cooker delivered on 23rd August, used for the first time on Monday, no issues. Yesterday, the oven cuts out after 10 minutes and continues to do so on each use.
    Went back to the shop and they gave me a number to call (the manufacter as it turned out).
    90 mins on hold without an answer, went back to the shop and was told I have to deal with the manufacturer 'help line' as its outside the 30 days.

Yes you’re being fobbed off. You didn’t buy the cooker off the manufacturer you bought it from the shop. Your contract is with them. Under the much mentioned Sale of Goods and Services act they have to replace repair or refund your money.
    Go back in immediately and tell them that your cooker isn’t working and you’re not ringing anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Were you advised at the time of purchase you only had 30 days and after that you had to deal with the manufacturer?

It seems very short.

He doesn’t ever have to deal with the manufacturer. Not after 30 days 30 months or 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Bojill wrote: »

Your contract is with the shop. They must sort this out for you. They can offer a repair, replacement or refund in which ever order they see fit.

You can of course go through the manufacturer. It's completely up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

I've left it with the shop to arrange the call out, very poor service from one of the largest electrical retailers in the country, thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement