Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I clear bench warrant

Options
  • 02-10-2019 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everyone,

Please do not judge me for the following story
    Back in 2015 when I was 22 I get caught stealing something from penny’s and I was taken to Garda station where they set up a court date for me to attend for the crime.

I was so shamed to tell this to my family so I just wanted to forget and never attend to court .

Than I received a bench warrant in 2016 and ignored . I didn’t even know what bench warrant meant. I finally learned what that meant this week so I would like to get cleared . But I am too afraid that if I go to Garda office now that they are going to arrest me straight away

So my question is that how can I get this bench Warrant cleared without getting arrested and get a court date to attend ?

I do not have a solicitor at this moment

Thank you in advance !

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I'd suggest your question is more suited to the Legal Discussion forum. Maybe a kindly mod could move it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭sidcon

A bench warrant is an arrest Warrant, the garda has no choice but to arrest you if your identified and brought to court

I suggest you speak with a solicitor and arrange to "hand yourself in" at an arranged time and station that way you can deal with the actual court issue.
    If you can't afford a solicitor then ring the arresting garda at the time or ask to speak with a community garda to help with the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 12 whatsapp

I have a full time job , I think it’s best to ask for a leave for at least 3 days before I turn myself in , don’t you think so ?

Also will this arrest stay in my criminal record forever ?
    sidcon wrote: »
    A bench warrant is an arrest Warrant, the garda has no choice but to arrest you if your identified and brought to court

I suggest you speak with a solicitor and arrange to "hand yourself in" at an arranged time and station that way you can deal with the actual court issue.
    If you can't afford a solicitor then ring the arresting garda at the time or ask to speak with a community garda to help with the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 1 THEGARDAI

If you don't want to be lifted and put into custody until the next mornings court date, I suggest you show up at your local station at 9am and ask to be brought to court with the mornings prisoners. you will be home for lunch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement