Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice please

Options
  • 02-10-2019 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

OK I'll keep this as brief as possible but would like some advice please.

Another employee in my work ( on similar supervisor levels) really don't get on with a very long time. This I can accept as some people don't see eye to eye.

Management are aware of this as I have flagged to them we are a bad combination when together and don't get on. Other than that they have never asked why.

Came to a head today back at base as I questioned other colleague about a tool I'm missing and all hell breaks loose.
    Following a tirade of insults, accusations then came threats of physical assault to which I was pushed in front of other colleagues, and followed by more threats.

I am in a position right now to hand in my notice as I feel this workplace is very toxic. What is the best way for me to go about this please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭wassie

If it were me, I would be contacting the relevant union (if you aren't already a member). You would have to join of course, but they would be able to provide you with all relevant supports needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Surely the god you should be making a formal complaint if you were pushed about.

If your leaving because it’s toxic ?? Just hand in a letter offering your required notice.

If your company have an exit interview process use that to highlight your issues. Or failing that include them on your resignation letter. I’d have to say though someone leaving because of toxic atmosphere would be flagged as “do not rehire” so make sure of your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,466 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If a colleague made a physical threat or initiated physical violence against you the very first move should have been to contact your local Garda station immediately.

You should still do this. Would the incident have been covered by CCTV ? Can you canvas those there to see if they would make a statement to Gardai ?

Following that immediately contact your supervisor. Problem being now the gap between the incident and you potentially reporting it could mean the employer ‘may’ have done what a previous employer of mine did to a colleague...wipe the footage...just making you aware that acting expeditiously is all important.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 The11Duff

If OP, you were pushed, then you were assaulted and in front of witnesses, and if your employer has any interest in a duty of care towards their employees, it shouldn't be you leaving. Make a formal complaint to your employer immediately and possible gardai

Advertisement