Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renewing there contract with Eir

• 02-10-2019 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi all
    I have my home phone Broadband and 2 mobile phones with Eir, at the moment I'm paying 65 euro per month, which i think is a good deal, I'm out of contract in November, and it gos up to 112 euro per month, just wondering has anyone got any good deals when renewing there contract with Eir

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I tried to get a deal from Eir but failed .... nothing available I was told.

So I made arrangements to move to a cheaper and better ISP, and rang again to notify them, and was immediately offered a better deal .... less than the new provider ...... but I refused saying I am committed to the new provider.
    At that point I was told he could do an even better deal which I refused to even hear and told him "too late".

So, IMO, yes some there seem to have the power to offer deals while others in the alleged "loyalty team" have no clue or power apparently.

I am glad I switched regardless of price. Eir are just the pits to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I tried to get a deal from Eir but failed .... nothing available I was told.

So I made arrangements to move to a cheaper and better ISP, and rang again to notify them, and was immediately offered a better deal .... less than the new provider ...... but I refused saying I am committed to the new provider.
    At that point I was told he could do an even better deal which I refused to even hear and told him "too late".

So, IMO, yes some there seem to have the power to offer deals while others in the alleged "loyalty team" have no clue or power apparently.

I am glad I switched regardless of price. Eir are just the pits to deal with.
    who did you change to.? Ive had a week of hell trying tomdeal with Eir socalled customer care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

who did you change to.? Ive had a week of hell trying tomdeal with Eir socalled customer care

Airwire.ie

I have the broadband switched, and waiting for my phone number to be ported ..... delay on Eir side.
    Hopefully I can finish the switch tomorrow or Tuesday and finally be shut of Eir.

Oh yes ..... I still have Eir broadband because I dare not tell them to cease providing the service in case they 'lose' the phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JAMCAR

Thanks very much for the replys, was wondering if you could help me with this also, On the 30 day rolling mobile contract do I have to give the 30 day notice and then leave, or can I just move to another provider, and just pay them the last bill, the same with Broadband and phone do I have to wait until the last day of the contract or can I move within the last 30 days
    Thanks

All

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the replys, was wondering if you could help me with this also, On the 30 day rolling mobile contract do I have to give the 30 day notice and then leave, or can I just move to another provider, and just pay them the last bill, the same with Broadband and phone do I have to wait until the last day of the contract or can I move within the last 30 days
    Thanks

All

You can move at any stage - eir will just bill you for the unbilled charges if any or owe you credit as you pay a month in advance

• Advertisement
Advertisement