Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Both sides' taxi tour

Options
  • 02-10-2019 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I've a couple of relations heading over to Ireland from the States in November, and Belfast is on the itinerary. I've been on the taxi tours before, and loved them. However is there any company who truly do a 'both sides' tour considering they only have 1 day in Belfast? Where they are picked up by a Loyalist first and given an account of what the troubles meant for them, before being picked up by a Republican to hear what the troubles meant for them? Or the other way around.

I loved both tours I went on, but am trying to find a company who might facilitate a tour having two guides, one from either 'side', or where you get to see either 'side' from a biased perspective.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I usually go chat to the drivers on the rank at City Hall, tell them what we're looking for and they'll point you at the right lad. Have done it 3 or 4 times now and never been disappointed...

Advertisement