Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving leave

Options
  • 02-10-2019 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

In the section of my contract where it stipulates the notice period required, it says to refer to employee handbook(handbook states that it's not a contract itself). I didn't think anything of this as the handbook at that time simply referred to the statutory minimum notice which would be 1 week in my case. Since that time, the handbook was updated where it now says nothing about the law and that I would need to give 3 weeks notice. Can they really hold me to 3 weeks if I never consented to this, especially since my signed contract, technically has no explicit mention of the period but referring to documents elsewhere?
    If I give 1 week notice and my manager doesn't acknowledge or agree with it & wants 3, what happens then? I work in admin,close to city, so not that hard to fill job.

Advertisement