Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do i do with my Savings ???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scalepro

Augeo wrote: »
    How-To-Not-Get-Sucked-In-366x350.jpeg
    Well what would you suggest smartie pants ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Scalepro

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Reminds me of listening to a hairdresser a good few years ago:

"We're saving in the credit union. If we save 50 grand, we can take out a loan 3 times that against our money and we won't need a mortgage."

Think the cu rate was 12% at the time....

As I said, i dont want to go down the road of getting a mortgage. Small loan to buy a property (max 50000) I would consider but not a mortgage.

I just want to get some feedback to see what other people are doing with their savings.

Scalepro wrote: »
    Well what would you suggest smartie pants ???

' like to put it into something that will see a good return with minimum risk ' ..... If the stock market for 10 years doesn't appeal then leave it in the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

PHG wrote: »
    I did say rarely :D, and you both are the rare few. Side question though, you drop a lump sum, is this savings/bonus each year or something like inheritance?

Only seeing this now, it's the previous years savings we drop, just save away, and if there aren't any large expenses in the foreseeable future we drop a chunk of it in, and start over.

Advertisement