Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment to wrong account number

Options
  • 03-10-2019 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

A while ago i was sent a new card in the post and were the account number bes there was a new one so when i got a job i gave the account number which was on my new card and i didnt get paid,so then i gave them the account number which bes on my bank statement and i got paid the following week,anyone have any idea on where the first payment went or how to get it resolved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

A while ago i was sent a new card in the post and were the account number bes there was a new one so when i got a job i gave the account number which was on my new card and i didnt get paid,so then i gave them the account number which bes on my bank statement and i got paid the following week,anyone have any idea on where the first payment went or how to get it resolved?

Hi Adamkennedy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today, nice to hear from you.

Please be advised that your account number is the last 8 digits of your IBAN and is available on any bank statements you have received from Bank of Ireland. Alternatively to view the account number you can log into your account through the mobile app or online, select current account and view/share IBAN.

The 8 digit number on the card would not be the account number and we would recommend that you contact your employer directly as it may be necessary for their own bank to place a trace on the payment made.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement