Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick 4K

Options
  • 03-10-2019 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Have been reading a lot of threads on here and there is a lot of conflicting advice. I have a prime video subscription, but not all my tv's are smart tv's where I can load the prime app - although they are full HD. I also have one 4K tv which I would like to use the firestick 4k for IPTV,and I want to future-proof myself for the inevitable 4K upgrades. My questions are these :

1. If I use parcel motel as my primary address will I get prime video here?

2. If not, people are saying contact Amazon and tell them I live in the UK, can they not tell by the device itself where it is?

3. Some people are also saying tell them I live in the UK but work in Ireland, is using the firestick while travelling allowed?

Just to be clear, I don't want to use a VPN, and I don't want to have to use side-loaded apps to watch prime video, just want to get what I pay for. I know they ship a "basic" firestick here, but going by reviews it only has a function of the functionality of the 4K version, and obviously the picture quality wont be as good.

If anybody can enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated....thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OP, as a general rule we don’t allow discussing circumventing regional restrictions in this forum. However I know with Amazon their geoblocking is a bit, er more “leaky” than usual, so just maybe to be of some better help, there is a very long thread on Prime Video over in the Television forum where a lot of the questions you have posed and more have been answered.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057771671&page=54

I’ll refer you to that thread by way of exception to the general rule about discussing circumventing geoblocking and only because it appears quite clear to me that Amazon are happy to, if not entirely facilitate, at least turn a blind eye to the practice in a way other providers are not

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement