Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The budget dropped from RTE 2

• 03-10-2019 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

7 years after the switch to digital TV, RTE have finally dropped the budget speeches from RTE 2 which are available elsewhere on the epg.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭political analyst

7 years after the switch to digital TV, RTE have finally dropped the budget speeches from RTE 2 which are available elsewhere on the epg.

I noticed that in the TV Now magazine. Finally, common sense has prevailed on that issue - given that the Budget speech can be seen not just on RTÉ One but also on News Now and the Oireachtas channel on Saorview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

I noticed that in the TV Now magazine. Finally, common sense has prevailed on that issue - given that the Budget speech can be seen not just on RTÉ One but also on News Now and the Oireachtas channel on Saorview.
    Exactly, given the fact that every TV in the country must now be Saorview enabled in order to receive terrestrial TV transmissions, broadcasting in triplicate is such a waste. For those without aerials who receive their TV via other means. Providers other than Saorview carry News Now or Oireachtas TV or both. Really such a lack of forthought and imagination to use this opportunity to promote News Now & Oireachtas TV to carry these events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I wonder if it is actually because the saw sense or the fact that RTÉ2 will be broadcasting a Irish Soccer qualifier on the same night, emmmmm, Oh its the soccer. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭political analyst

Elmo wrote: »
    I wonder if it is actually because the saw sense or the fact that RTÉ2 will be broadcasting a Irish Soccer qualifier on the same night, emmmmm, Oh its the soccer. :D

The Budget speech takes place in the afternoon. If the match is taking place in the evening then why would it make any difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The Budget speech takes place in the afternoon. If the match is taking place in the evening then why would it make any difference?

Because the opposition speeches run into the evening particularly now with so many groupings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement