Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X screen repair.

• 03-10-2019 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Cracked my iPhone X screen. The quotes for Apple screens are €299. Is there a huge difference between them and cheaper ones for half the price installed by other shops. Just want to make sure as I’m getting it fixed to sell on.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Its really hit and miss to be honest.
    Try get it done from a reputable shop that will stand over it.

Ive never (touch wood) smashed my screen but my parents have and some places it was never the same again.

I found one or 2 place on Facebook and Adverts that were goo. One in particular around Mountjoy Square, not sure if I can name them?
    511 Tech Solutions on Belvedere Place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

As above. As Much you as you want to pay the cheaper price don’t, Apple do far better job replacing the screens and recalibrating them.
    Besides they’ll give you another phone anyway ie a refurb so just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭kod12

Perfect cheers for the replies. I think I will just sell it as is at a discount rate to factor in the cost of a screen repair. As the phone works fine just the top tight hand corner is cracked and black pixels

Advertisement