Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to complete planning permission

Options
  • 03-10-2019 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was just wondering what price I should be paying my architect to finalise my planning permission for a 1800 sq foot house. I have permission about a year now and have payed the fees to get the site up to this stage. So what would I be looking at paying for the architect to do the notice of commencement, he was saying he has to do some environmental work for the house like underfloor heating, air to water heat pump etc. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

farming93 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was just wondering what price I should be paying my architect to finalise my planning permission for a 1800 sq foot house. I have permission about a year now and have payed the fees to get the site up to this stage. So what would I be looking at paying for the architect to do the notice of commencement, he was saying he has to do some environmental work for the house like underfloor heating, air to water heat pump etc. Thanks

Planning in Place? You sound confused?

What you need now is a design to comply with the Building Regulations.
    Heating, Renewables, Fabric Insulation, Commencement Notice.

Lots of paperwork to be kept and complied in order to ensure compliance with the BCAR and CPR etc

Health and Safety Roles too.

In Dublin €5k ish...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭farming93

kceire wrote: »
    Planning in Place? You sound confused?

What you need now is a design to comply with the Building Regulations.
    Heating, Renewables, Fabric Insulation, Commencement Notice.

Lots of paperwork to be kept and complied in order to ensure compliance with the BCAR and CPR etc

Health and Safety Roles too.

In Dublin €5k ish...

Yes I have the planning and I have the design of the house finalised. The architect says he has to mark out the site for the commencement work and do the relevant paper work that goes with it. There is so much money involved in the process of it all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

farming93 wrote: »
    Yes I have the planning and I have the design of the house finalised. The architect says he has to mark out the site for the commencement work and do the relevant paper work that goes with it. There is so much money involved in the process of it all.

This will be the cheapest part I’m afraid to say.
    The construction costs are the biggest now especially with the requirement for space heating, air tightness, ventilation and renewables.

I would be aiming for as close to passive as you can.

Advertisement